Grim Dawn - 100% Funded!

Not a big sum but at least is enough, I like the art style and I hope game will be enjoyable for a while once it sees the light.

they are a more quiet than others. Updates help you know. Hope there is no real reason for that

At least they have made it.
Good.

They have 9 updates so far. It has nothing to do with updates, IMO.

Not a big sum but at least is enough.

They already had pre-purchase the official website for over a year. KickStarter just gave them more visibility and a wider array of "bundle".

They also have 11 days left to go and it keep raising. It would be nice if they reach 500k.

edit:
Just read the KickStarter thread on the GrimDawn forum and they are working on a new update.

Very excited for this game,wish it would 450 thousand.Maybe know that its funded more sites will advertise the game. Many fans of the genre are just discovering GRIM so spread the word where you can.The game is still undrfunded in my opinion. Everyone that is buying D3 should be interested in this game.

The main problem is that some people didn't like Titan Quest and found it unbalanced and a little bland.
So I think that with Grim Dawn they will be a good opportunity show their value, specially after not being restrained anymore by any publisher.
Besides in a year, D3 fans will be coming out from the D3's hangover and they will need a fix. Grim Dawn 2 will be better and will have more funds.

The main problem is that some people didn't like Titan Quest and found it unbalanced and a little bland.

I would be one of those people. The game did indeed feel bland; three attempts at completing it, and I never got further than a desert area.

Still, I have more faith in these guys producing a product for their target audience than the Shadowrun guys and their constant "You guys are neat; more money please" updates.

Awesome news. I have been looking forward to this game. I really like the art style.

Drithius, Your are right ,there are a handful of guys working on GRIM and they want to nail this game on everything that is important in an ARPG plus they are trying to implament factions which is a different angle to the genre. Out of the 3 kickstarters i was involved in WL2,SR, and GRIM . Crate really impressed me with the way the are handleing their kickstarter ,very patient ,greatful and confident but yet humble at the same time.This game deserves much more than has been pledged.

@rich-Do you work there or is it a relative? You have more posts about Grim than any other single game, and it isn't even released yet :D

Drithius, Your are right ,there are a handful of guys working on GRIM and they want to nail this game on everything that is important in an ARPG plus they are trying to implament factions which is a different angle to the genre.
Depths of Peril had already implemented a faction system. And from what I've read (shamefully I've never played) it worked rather well. Hopefully it will be also the case in GD.

@rich-Do you work there or is it a relative? You have more posts about Grim than any other single game, and it isn't even released yet :D

Rich is just excited and a long time supporter. I post about Grim Dawn occasionally as well. I played Titan Quest for about half a year straight and bought the expansion the day it came out. I actually had to travel to a Gamestop back then to do that!

I was one of the first to jump on board and buy into the game when they allowed it. After several years, I think a few of us are just excited to see the game finally getting some more significant funding.

EDIT: Depths of Peril does have a nicely implemented faction system. Drox Operative (Soldak Entertainment's upcoming sci-fi ARPG with some 4x elements) will expand on the faction system even further. I recommend ARPG fans check that out when it releases as well.

I was actually looking forward to this game until i saw videos of it.. The game seems to play like those old japanese shoot 'em up's, extremely fast paced and and with an overwhelming amount of mobs that constantly seems to spawn. Not for me i'm afraid, even Diablo seems like a slow paced game in comparison to this. Was TQ like that too? I never got that impression from reviews etc.

Back
Top Bottom