Might & Magic X - Information About New Patch

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Limbic Entertainment has a new post with information about a new patch.

Information about upcoming Patch

We are currently working on a patch for Might & Magic X – Legacy that will include numerous bug fixes and three new dungeons. Our team is doing its best to solve the bugs you reported on the official forums, among them:

- Invisible enemy (spirit beacon bug),
- Quest order issue,
- Corrupted saves fix,
- And others…

A complete update log will be provided in the next few days on MMX OpenDev website. In the meantime, please check our forum to verify status of the different bugs and do not hesitate to share any new issues you could have:
http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/466-Might-amp-Magic-X-Legacy
More information.

They are also going to release three new dungeons at the time of this patch so characters will get a chance to level all the way to 40, which is an achievement or something on Uplay or Steam.

Of course, the problem is that 85% of the people that own this game have played it and have moved on. The new content and fixes will be meaningless unless they replay the game at some point in time. Still, the game did pretty well if you consider it an indie game. It has been averaging 2000 players/day on Steam.

1,577 Currently playing
2,569 Peak #
Might & Magic X - Legacy

That's why I very rarely fully play games on release, I will tinker a bit then shelve it knowing that I will get a much better game 3-6 months later.

It's almost like dev's are rewarding you for waiting and buying the game at a discount.

I wouldn't mind the new dungeons simply to mess around with my characters' high level abilities some more. An unfortunate issue with the game is that it ends soon after your characters become fleshed out, able to shoot lightning from their arses. I want more enemies to use fireburst on! And also my imbalanced, overpowered blademaster.

It's almost like dev's are rewarding you for waiting and buying the game at a discount.

Playing the game later is one thing, but buying the game later at a discount is only a disservice to yourself and everyone else who wants games of this type to be picked up by publishers.

Just bought the game a few days ago and just made it out of the first spider cave, I wonder if I should wait for this patch or if the 3 new dungeons are high level so I won't miss them.

Just bought the game a few days ago and just made it out of the first spider cave, I wonder if I should wait for this patch or if the 3 new dungeons are high level so I won't miss them.

I guess it depends on your tolerance of starting over if you hit a bug. I'm enjoying the game and I'm not planning on waiting. If it all goes to hell and I have to form a new party I'd do it different anyway.

That's why I very rarely fully play games on release, I will tinker a bit then shelve it knowing that I will get a much better game 3-6 months later.

That's a problem for the Steam model WRT to RPGs. That's why we can expect more games to adopt an episodic approach in the future.

Yep.

And if you count in the new trend towards DLC, plus "Early Access" and equivalents, now you have to wait probably 3+ years on avg after a game first becomes playable, before you even consider actually playing it…

Mostly mine too, but not really intentional - just due to backlog.

It's really paid off though in many cases. XCOM is a great recent example. Just to experience its "expansion" you have to re-play the original game. Now I get the expansion without having to play the whole thing twice. A real backlog buster!

Waiting for a sale makes sense for triple A tittles and mainstream games. But a turn based game with step based motion is so unusual I felt I had to put some money on the line else it might not ever get made. It's my philosophy on KickStarter too, not so much do I want to buy this game as am I willing to throw away some money into the mix to influence the industry. If you wait on a sale on those they are probably not going to happen at all.

I finished. I hear it has game breaking quest bug as well as combat don't end bugs but I didn't hit any of the quest bugs but it was a bit challenging at places. I hear adventure mod is pretty easy.

haha. Good point. Still waiting for the right sale for that one.

One of the few games I bought on release and played to finish. Yeah bought the DLC on release but have not fired it up again due having to replay the content— so it languishes but I cannot justify it due to my backlog…

Of course, the problem is that 85% of the people that own this game have played it and have moved on. The new content and fixes will be meaningless unless they replay the game at some point in time.

That's just crazy— I am still playing it but I only have 1-3 hours per week and then a few hours on the weekend so no way I can have finished MMX Legacy. Best game I have played in a while and it is spurring me on
Only a CRPGNut would have finished already :)
oh yeah—- he IS :)

Back
Top Bottom