Gothic 3 Starting Gothic 3 again

souha13

Sentinel
I'm pondering starting another session of Gothic 3. Are there are mods I ought to try out as addition to CPT? I'd rather try dual wielding or two handed swords. In old G3 I had to use the stun attacks which felt bugged. Is it viable to use normal and power attacks now?

Just thinking about this makes me drool a bit.

For dual wielding you need to go evil in desert, it's not a mod.
And why melee anyway? Go ranged.

Dunno about mods, I hate mods except stop respawning mods and you don't need such mod in gothic games.

I'd like to go melee. I've already made one playthrough back in the days as a mage :).

Regarding dualwielding back in the day it was not very useful. Maybe it has changed?

I heard theres some mods but I dont know if theres anything that is useful for english players...

The Questpacket 4.2 + ContentMod (afaik 2.6.2 or something) combo worked quite nicely for me in my last playthrough, easily +20-30% more content and variation. I would definitely recommend installing them.

If you can read German pay World of Gothic a visit and maybe you'll find something else that would interest you. The Update Pack that I linked to in Fluents thread is supposed to allow shields to block animal attacks, which IMHO would make a huge difference.

Thanks kostas. Id try those mods. Unfortunatedly my german is a tad rusty...

I'd like to go melee. I've already made one playthrough back in the days as a mage :).

Regarding dualwielding back in the day it was not very useful. Maybe it has changed?

I played Gothic 3 with CP 1.74 and in that dual wielding was worth every single investment - very powerful and the animation associated with it is a pleasure to look at. However, it will take quite a while and large investment in skill points and money to get it.

When I reached the end stages of Gothic 3, I had maxed out my skills in melee, ranged and had full mana re-generation, aligned with one of the gods and was able to reserruct an undead army, and I was a moving havoc engine (after 140 hours of play ofcourse)!

The only trainer for the master level of the dual whielding skill is in Ishtar, which you can't access until you have 75% reputation with the Hashishin.

The only trainer for the master level of the dual whielding skill is in Ishtar, which you can't access until you have 75% reputation with the Hashishin.

Can you still align yourself with any of the 3 gods after that?

Technically I think so since even counter hashishi liberation quests can be completed without a quest giver. If you want to get RP about this serving Adanos and killing water mages doesn't really work together.

Back
Top Bottom