NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - PAX Preview @ MPOGD

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Multiplayer site MPOGD looked at NWN: Mask of the Betrayer at PAX, kicking up a short preview that provides no new information but gives a very general overview:
Even though I found it under the Atari banner, it is really a compilation of several companies, including Obsidian, Bioware, Wizards of the Coast, Hasbro, and, of course, Dungeons and Dragons. Which leads to the obvious question: how many companies does it take to release an MMO game? Answer: as many as needs to license it.

Yet all joking aside, I discovered a lot of great new additions to this game that takes place right after the original Neverwinter Nights 2. For example, the addition of four different Genasi, elemental characters that the D&D crowd knows pretty well. There is, of course, the Fire, Air, Earth, and Water, and there are all sorts of graphic iterations to make them look very cool. For example, the Fire Genasi have a fiery look to them, the Air Genasi have wind flowing about them, and so on.
More information.

Rather interesting ... not so much that there is anything new but rather that the person writing seems to have little idea about the original game or franchise.

every time i see PAX it reminds me of the PAX security guards from anachronox. which in turn reminds me of the quest where you need to get one of there helmets for a quest. you can get it from the guard through dialogue or a fight which kills him. later on if you killed him another guard asks you if you know anything about it, saying what a nice guy he was and how his family loved him. i really wish more games had this level of conscience in them. heres to hoping mask of the betrayer is one of those games.

Back
Top Bottom