SW: TOR - Update 2.3 Adds Ewok Companion

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
You either hate them or love them. As part of update 2.3 a cuddly furry murderous Ewok is being added to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

The new companion character is called Treek. He is a heavy armor user with both heal and tank stances, and lets not forget an adorable wittle furry face.

Dulfy.net has the details on Treek including a couple of cutscenes.

swtor-bounty-hunting-treek-customization_thumb.jpg

You will need to have 1 million credits for each character you wish to unlock this companion on and legacy level 40 to purchase a mercenary contract that will unlock this new companion. Go to Cartel Bazaar on the south end of the fleet (north end for Republic) once Patch 2.3 arrives on live servers. You will see a droid that sells you a mercenary contract for 1 mil credits (requires legacy level 40) and using it will bring up a short conversation where you are introduced to Treek.
More information.

Last edited:
Seems strange Ewoks would be considered users of heavy armor.

And I neither love nor hate Ewoks. I'm Ewok neutral. I'm decidedly anti Jar Jar and enthusiastically pro Jawa. :p

Pretty lame that it's just about credits, the cartel market and legacy levels. You'd think that they would introduce an Ewok companion in conjunction with an Endor expansion where you e.g. receive the companion as a reward from one of the tribes for saving their village or whatever.
Quite a pity that BioWare doesn't seem to have any intention to continue the story focus of the original game.

Yes, reactions are mixed. More and more people begin to believe that EA/Bioware is using SWTOR as a "cash cow".

There are also quite a lot of reactions sounding like : "EA broke Star Wars Lore !"

This Ewok isn't easily to be found, however : Legecy Level of 40 and 1 Million of Credits is required. And that's pretty hefty.

I have loathed ewoks from the moment I first saw them - I think I was 13. That was the start of the rot in the SW movies...'lovable, cuddlesome characters'. bleh! From that point, Jar Jar Binks was inevitable.... The only furry character worth a damn is Chewbacca.

I like companions - and I'm ok with Ewoks.

EA = cash oriented = no surprise.

But SWtOR has a few good things going for it - and if they ever actually implement the near-mythical SSP - I'd probably start playing regularly again.

I neither love nor hate Ewoks. I'm Ewok neutral. I'm decidedly anti Jar Jar and enthusiastically pro Jawa. :p

I strongly agree with those stances. Hopefully they'll serve as a platform for your future political party.

Back
Top Bottom