Dead Island

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I'm having fun with this after a rather dull first hour.

What's the penalty for dying?

Is exploration worth the effort?

I really quite enjoyed it too, up to a particular point a ways into the game (rapidly respawning infected, which meant I couldn't play in my cautious style of slowly clearing out an area and fully exploring. I successfully managed a "run for the rooftops" to get to my destination, but I couldn't face the repeated journeys back through that area).

Penalty for dying - cash, I think as a percentage of what you're currently carrying.

Exploration - it's a fun island to explore with some fairly varied locales, but, at the same time, the various quests take you to most/all of the major sites. It's like the devs didn't want to risk creating content people might not see!

I picked up Riptipe (the sequel) as part of a Humble Bundle. If they fixed the broken respawning but left everything else the same, I'll be happy!

I tried to like Dead Island, but I ended up quitting after about 4-5 hours. It's a very repetitive game, and I hated how quickly enemies and items respawned. The crafting aspect was poorly implemented, and using cash to repair weapons is just silly.

I enjoyed it, not loved it, but if u take it as a B movie i think is ok, and the story slow as it is is ok to. Ofc in my humble opinion.

Suprisingly enjoyed it, and was very impressed with the visuals and variety of missions. The crafting needed refinement but was acceptable.

Unfortunatley I had to quit after 20 hours of play because my quest log got messed up by the game - so it is a bit buggy.

I enjoyed it for what it was/is, as long as you know it's no rpg, not even close to one. The respawns get old real quick, but I took it all out on them, made the game better imo =)))

-Carn

It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it was sort of ok - and quite entertaining in multiplayer for a while. It had a nice atmosphere due to the contrast of a sunny beach environment full of death and decay.

Ultimately, however, I think they hyped it too much - and that infamous trailer obviously made people think it would be some kind of dramatic masterpiece.

So I conclude that exploration isn't that important.

Do enemies scale in single player ?

I quite enjoyed Dead Island. It was enjoyable both solo and in co-op mode. For the less than $7 price tag I paid, it was a steal.

As other posters have mentioned, the death penalty is 10% of your cash. I find that aspect to be pretty annoying, considering the non-trivial expense of repairing weapons.

As far as exploration is concerned, there are many weapon mods and collectables which are off the beaten path. I would recommend thorough exploration of each map.

Where's the first opportunity to sell stuff? I find myself leaving behind lots of weapons because my invntory is full.

Back
Top Bottom