Diablo 3 - New Screens

Thanks, I had missed these. I don't know how fun/boring the game play will be, but at least the lines look sharp, and the colors vivid.

Nice. Is it just me or does it look a bit different here than in some of the older screens? The colors in particular seem more...I guess 'tasteful' is the word I'm looking for...not garish.

Yep, they look quite nice. I have a long-standing distaste for Diablo, not sure if I'll try this ...

I don't see much different from older screen shots. The slight touch of smooth watercolor painting style existed in old screens as well. Probably the different is due to the new ones are mostly taken in desert environment.

Yep, they look quite nice. I have a long-standing distaste for Diablo, not sure if I'll try this …

Yeah they look nice. I also have a long-standing distaste for Diablo. I think the reason is because they came across as shallow and unfinished. Seems to me D3 might change that. They sure have been working on it long enough. So I'm more optimistic about D3 than any of the previous.

Doesn't do much for me. I enjoyed Diablo because it was somewhat different for back then, but Diablo 2 just didn't click with me at all. I don't play multiplayer in this genre, so they're going to have to show me that the single-player is more than just hack&slash to get my interest.

Looks like they have partially changed the fancy colours that caused so much controversy , good , i am looking forward for some hack and slash action (although i still fail to see how the genre qualifies as even remotely close to RPG).

The Diablo's are definitely rpg games because however small, there are rpg elements employed. Some time back the dev's admitted they would like to see more involved dialogue...and there will be...but only a bit more, there should have been "tons" more involved "role playing" decision making dialogue in my view, as always Mr Hacken Slash will remain the dominant player.

Doesn't do much for me. I enjoyed Diablo because it was somewhat different for back then, but Diablo 2 just didn't click with me at all. I don't play multiplayer in this genre, so they're going to have to show me that the single-player is more than just hack&slash to get my interest.

Completely agree - which is why I also find many new shooters, like Modern Warfare 1 & 2, terribly inadequate.

Hack and slash in cooperative mode is like making love with a partner, as opposed to just being alone in bed.

Ironically, I enjoyed Titan Quest (and expansion) more than Diablo 2 and actually finished TQ.. twice. I guess this is what happens when you are playing to see the next awesome level and boss fight over the crappy hack and slash gameplay..

Back
Top Bottom