Torment: Tides of Numenera - Post-Funding Update #25

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Torment: Tides of Numenera has a new post-funding update with information about a new combat vote. So make sure you vote to influence the games combat.
Updated our Journal (25): Combat Vote!

TL;DR: Weigh in on Turn-Based vs. Real-Time with Pause (or declare your indifference). Voting will close in December.

Over the last couple weeks, we’ve been reading all of your commentary and ideas regarding combat. Many good points and suggestions, and mostly civil discourse. Thanks to all who have engaged in the discussion so far!

And now… It is time! Only backers can place a vote. (If you haven’t already and you’d like your voice heard, please register with us to gain access to the backer-only UserVoice forum.) Feel free to also continue to submit comments and ideas to the combat discussion forum. Please remember that this vote is advisory only. Above all, please remember that our goal is to provide the best possible experience for the game, and if the final decision is not your preferred choice, we ask you trust our ability to deliver a solid game.

For more context about what this is about, please see Update 24, where we describe what Turn-Based and Real-Time with Pause might each mean for Torment. We’ll close the voting in December.
More information.

Great update! Not just because they mentioned Deathfire, but this is also probably the most valuable decision left to the players.

It's also amazing to see how fast people voted on that. I mean the game has 74k backers, and 3000 people voted within the very first hour.

And with 4112 votes against 4052 votes for pausable real time combat it's also an extremely close vote. So Turn based combat is only 1% behind.

I hope that turn based combat will still make it.
However I can also live with the decision if it's real time combat, as Planescape torment was never about the combat and it wouldn't be such a big flaw if the combat just becomes something nice to look at with no big value to the game.

I really had to think some minutes about this. I finally decided fot RTWP. I like it in easier battles to just lean back and watch my guys crash the enemy. :)

Voted for RTwP. If it's going to be a Planescape successor, I consider RTwP a must.

I can vote. But since it's all the same to me whatever they make... Won't vote. :D

I can vote. But since it's all the same to me whatever they make… Won't vote. :D
There's actually an option for that ;)

Had to think about it for a bit, but voted for TB. I like both systems, but since the devs say they would prefer turn based i figured I would too. It also seems logical to further build on the system they've created for WL2 instead of making a new one.

It also seems logical to further build on the system they've created for WL2 instead of making a new one.
That's a good point. If they can carry over the system from WL2 they perhaps have more ressources for other stuff.

That's really a damn close voting. :D

Worst thing that could happen to inXile.

Finally voted...and now there is 1 votes separating turn-based and RTwP.

They also said that the vote isn't final. They will take it into account with a bunch of other factors when making the decision. So I'm not worried that they'll come to the right conclusion. (turn based any day of the week and twice on Sundays)

That's really a damn close voting. :D

Worst thing that could happen to inXile.

Not really. With an even vote they can choose what they wish, had the audience been highly in favour of one of the systems they would have had a harder time if they chose the other.

Voted turn based: 4812 versus 4811 now! :)

Goes fast, already 4822 versus 4816 after hitting post.

Camp TB represent

altough I don't care much either way. Torment isn't about combat.

Back
Top Bottom