NWN2 Possible bug near the last battle - help!

Neverwinter Nights 2

Rodyn

Watcher
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but I've been browsing through it for some time now, really been helpful. The thing is that I'm currently in a pretty remote location in Africa and the only internet I can get is through our strictly moderated ISDN company connection, which happily blocks any and all game related sites - except this one! I'm down here for a while and couldn't leave home without a copy of NWN2 to fill the quiet moments; unfortunately this means I am unable to update and am thus struggling with the "vanilla" version.

So far so good however (even made it past that statue-bug-thing in the ruins of thing-thing) and I am now entering the final stages of Act III. I won't go into details to avoid spoilers, but it comes down to this (slight slight spoiler ahead):
Once I am sent from the War Room where everybody's gathered, I am unable to pick any companions to bring with me to the next battle - the first one (at the bridges) I can actually handle on my own, but returning to the Keep I find myself standing alone on the fields outside and nothing happens. I can't enter the keep, I can't exit the area, nada. (on a sidenote: when I enter the war room for the first time, everybody gangs up and kills Neeshka...not that I mind...but that doesn't seem right to me either).

Is there anything I can do which doesn't involve updating? I'd hate to be stuck when I'm so very close to the end.

Thanks for any help you can offer! :)

I can't say I've ever experienced this, but it sounds to me like you either need an update or to reload a game before you talk to Nevale at all. I'm sorry that I don't know any easier solutions to this problem.

And welcome to the forums! :)

It keeps happening unfortunately. I saved just before speaking to Nevalle and setting the whole war in motion, but nothing I do enables me to pick companions to take with me. :(

If anybody has had this problem or knows a solution which doesn't require patching (override script perhaps) please let me know.

Thanks again,
R

Back
Top Bottom