Drakensang Any mods that make the game harder?

human_male

Math and girls is hard.
Hi there. I'm quite a ways into the game now, I have three party members and I'm finding combat really easy. To make it a bit harder I dismissed Rhulana. But still things like regeneration make it too easy (not to mentione unrealistic). So I was wondering if there were any mods that completely turn off regeneration, thereby making it necessary to use the huge pile of bandages and leaves that I've accrued. I found one called Ergo's Slow Regeneration but it only halved the regeneration rate, not stopped it. And it was too compliacted for me, requiring that you edit files and whatnot yourself.

Really, regeneration (and map markers) is the sort of thing that you'd expect in watered-down combat rpgs, not a hardcore rpg like this. I'm just musing mind, I don't meant to start a debate or anything.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for mods that make the game harder but maintain the balance.

Thank you very much indeed.

I wonder why you felt the health regeneration a cause of too easy fights. I didn't quote it so important during fights. Fine you don't want start a debate about that, but your conclusion seems to me quite strange.

In fact I get a good number of fights with a good difficulty level. But probably too many quite minor. The problem is when a character die but you win the fight anyway is the fight was too easy? Another problem is when you replay then a large beginning get almost only too easy fights.

In an ideal world all games should have a difficulty level you can change without to restart from the beginning.

I was wondering if there were any mods to make this game easier? Stupid rat kicks me butt!

I wonder why you felt the health regeneration a cause of too easy fights.

In the official forums this was a rather major cause of unrest ... err, criticism. ( ;) )

Many believe the game has become too easy because of the regeneration.
Apart from the fact that this kind of regeneration is not in the rules at all !

In the official forums this was a rather major cause of unrest ... err, criticism. ( ;) )

Many believe the game has become too easy because of the regeneration.
Apart from the fact that this kind of regeneration is not in the rules at all !
Well haven't you point the real cause of the whining? :biggrin: Ok I haven't noticed that at all but I could not have quote well.

Myself what I quote is many minor fights that don't bring anything, I doubt regeneration could change that.

For me there's a good number of fights that had a nice difficulty but not very high if you admit to have a dead character during the fight. I bet this rule isn't from the original rule set and is certainly a much better tool to make some fight psychologically tougher (when you lost once a fight you easily admit the difficulty is ok if not too tough :biggrin: ). People could try apply themselves this rule.

Well it's not I'm not complaining too, I agree there's too many minor fights quite easy, few is cool, there's too many.

Massive respawning makes regeneration more or less a necessity!!

Massive respawning makes regeneration more or less a necessity!!

And that's like the egg/hen problem. Did they decide they would need lots of respawning battles to make the game "more fun" and thus, needed a god-like out-of-combat regeneration? or was it the other way around (they thought low regen wasn't fun so they added god-like regeneration, and to make the game challenging with that, they needed lots of fights?).

I would have preferred the PnP regen rules like in the Realms of Arkania, with less (but meaningful) combats. But I guess the new generation of cRPGers (Diablo lovers) wouldn't like that.

with less (but meaningful) combats.

Also a point of criticism in the official forums. ;)

I do hope they'll do it much better - and more balanced - in the second game. ;)

I wonder which CRPG fit such request. Some players even criticize this for the Gothic series including in G1&G2. For me not a problem in this series because the action has something fascinating like few game ever had for me, Doom 1&2 and not much more.

Tougher monsters/npcs, weakers PCs:
LINK

Back
Top Bottom