Ubisoft - Trailer Announces Might and Magic X

Warmark

Sentinel
Might and Magic X Announced

Good news for turn based fans:

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - March 21, 2013 - Today, Ubisoft announced Might & Magic® X Legacy, just in time to showcase the game at PAX East. Developed by Limbic Entertainment, a team of devoted Might & Magic fans, Might & Magic® X Legacy brings a new chapter to the Might & Magic RPG series, with both the unique core formula and a new set of improved and fine-tuned features.

In the wake of the spectacular events in Might & Magic® Heroes® VI, you will play in a party of four adventurers entangled in intrigue and political machinations unfolding in and around Karthal. The city, on the verge of secession, is prey to competing factions vying for its control. Your actions will determine the fate of the city. Might & Magic X Legacy is an authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre. Create and lead your group into an exciting world and battle powerful mythical creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures. Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and bosses to accomplish unique quests and make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities and labyrinths full of traps. Dive into vintage Might & Magic and play old school, new rules!

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Ise3lFST4&feature=youtu.be

That is good news - looking forward to hearing more details. Anyone know much about this Limbic Entertainment?

That video doesn't look bad at all. Not sure how I feel about the pop up damage/level ups yet. I'll most likely buy just to give them some support into one of my favorite series.

Wow - I didn't see that coming. I was so certain I would be disappointed…

…and then I saw that trailer and I literally felt tears at the corners of my eyes. Was it those tears, or did movement even seem square-based? Gotta watch again right now!

Edit: Yes! Square-based it is! The joy! And "I am Sheltem, Lord of Terra", too! Might they converge the two M&M universes, even?

Quick, now, sleepy RPGWatchmen, put it on the front page! Might even beat RPS to it, yet. ;)

Emergency edit 2: How dare you merge the threads?! Now my postings look redundant! The embarassment! :embarrassed:

Last edited:
TB grid blobber, AAA publisher.
This sure is interesting :).

Polygon brings us news of Ubisoft releasing a trailer which announces Might and Magic X.
A quote on what what the game will be like - you can watch the trailer here.
The game picks up after the events of the previous title, 2011's Might and Magic Heroes 6. Players will send their character, one in a party of four heroes, into a world of political intrigue and warfare between competing factions. The paths players take and the actions they choose will define the fate of the in-game city of Karthal. Along the way players will battle fantasy creatures and enemies in a turn-based battle system, collect ancient treasures, complete quests and explore dungeons, labyrinths and towns as they unravel the story.
More information.

First-person… yep!
Party-based… yep!
Turn-based… yep!
Open-world… yep!

This almost seems too good to be true. Although I would definitely prefer if it was free-roaming as opposed to grid-based movement. I was also hoping for more than 4 party members since it doesn't look like there will be hirelings in this game.

*Edit* After watching it again, it does look like there are spots for hirelings on the GUI.

The most surprising thing though is that it's scheduled for a 2013 release.

This is so much better than I'd dared hope.

Square-based movement. Turn-based combat. Party first person. Sheltem, Guardian of Terra! A Might&Magic this is indeed!

*sniffle*

Edit: Off to eat my oh-so-jaded words from earlier this week... :p

Out of the 1'25" video only 13 seconds of footage are of actual in game scenes. But that 13 seconds doesn't look bad. I think there's hope this game could be good.

First-person… yep!
Party-based… yep!
Turn-based… yep!
Open-world… yep!

New Rules!

I'm actually wary of that one…

That looks surprisingly good. Anyone else get a weird tron vibe from the first 30 seconds or so...could just be me.

One of the most obtuse, show nothing trailers I have ever seen. 4 characters and a UI that looks exactly like MM9. That's all I got out of it.

I guess we will be waiting for a good while for real information out of them.

I'll repeat the message I wrote in the older thread.

KEY FEATURES
Forge your own tactics:

Through the Might & Magic traditional and acclaimed first-person turn-based gameplay system, lead your team of four Heroes in their journey!

Choose your gender among four different races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, the choice is yours! Each race also boasts three unique classes, each one having their own skills and abilities.

Defeat creatures and unique bosses, fulfill challenging quests, level up your group, and earn new powerful artifacts.

Classic RPG at its finest!

Turn based, first person, party based, different classes and races…

And there's an official site with a trailer.

There is hope friends :)

I am SHOCKED by this, and on cloud nine now. I'll echo Moorkh here - its far better than I could have hoped for - much less expected.

The trailer taking the time to show (and voice) things from the original series gives me hope that they are targeting fans of the original game and not just mass marketing it.

This will be a day one purchase for me (especially considering Ubisoft says they won't use the always on-DRM anymore).

I'm SO excited now!

This is so much better than I'd dared hope.

Square-based movement. Turn-based combat. Party first person. Sheltem, Guardian of Terra! A Might&Magic this is indeed!

*sniffle*

Edit: Off to eat my oh-so-jaded words from earlier this week… :p

Square based movement? That might be stretching it. did I miss something?

I wouldn't care if it has turn-based as long as we can shut it off and it's only turn-based for combat and we can still go anywhere in real time.
Hexes in combat sound like Kings Bounty which I don't need another. I want a real successor to Might and Magic. Huge world. Promotion quests. Loot. Character progression.

Don't ship it til its done this time.

Back
Top Bottom