What is this game?

Killjoy

Traveler
I've never been here before, and for the past few weeks I have been trying to remember a certain game that I haven't played in years. I decided to come here as you all seem like nice enough people and are experienced.

The only few things I know about this game are as follows:
-It revolved around a group of four people, each customizable. The only races I remember are human, a feline race and a lizard race.
-This group had been sentenced down into a place called the underworld by an empire, a giant collection of caverns with many towns dotted in them.
-The goals group is to escape the very tough living conditions of the underworld, at least that's what I think the goal is.
-From here is where my memory goes nearly blank, I remember something about an alien race, paying 300 gold for a boat to travel down a series of waterfalls into the alien races homeland and the fact that they had very nice cloaks and throwing stars.

Sadly, that is all I can remember apart from a few useless things such as two enemies; wights and Shades. The empire also had Dervishes. Again, I doubt that'd be any use. The game was partly turn based, by partly I mean only in combat. There were many classes and it was all very customizable. The game also paused as long as you weren't moving, but if you moved across the grid that the world was divided in then everything else would move at the same time.

Sorry about the lack of info, I don't really have a time frame either, but any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Killjoy.

This kinda gave it away :p "This group had been sentenced down into a place called the underworld by an empire, a giant collection of caverns with many towns dotted in them. "

The exact game is Avernum 2 or Exile 2 depending on your copy. Avernum is a better version as Jeff went back and slightly tweaked the graphics and added more depth to the storyline.

These games are still available if you want to replay it (or the entire series). Either from Spiderweb Software's own page, Steam (I think) or for the Ipad.

Yeah, thanks for all the help, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with these again.

Avernum 1-6 are available on GoG pretty cheap. It also includes Blades of Avernum, which IIRC is sort of a scenario editor for the Avernum engine. So there may be some fan-made scenarios worth checking out as well (I won't swear to that though).

Back
Top Bottom