Torchlight - Review @ Eurogamer

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Positive review of Torchlight from Alec Meer.
So, it's the best Diablolike since Diablo II, and a very real rival to the upcoming (at an unspecified point, God-blinking-dammit) Diablo III. Even though there is nothing new or truly unique about Torchlight, nothing at all, that it so confidently and prettily takes the fight to Blizzard is an enormous compliment about how well put-together this is. Yeah, it gets old pretty fast - but it's also only £15. You'll definitely get your money's worth. And that's even before the MMO stuff turns up. But, by Christ, my hands hurt, and my brain is squealing for stimulation. I've had a whale of a time, largely - but I desperately would not want to put my body through these few days of unblinking kill'n'collect again any time soon.
More information.

I have to admit that in contrast to my original comment, I keep going back to the demo. I found it a great late-night "light" game, when I feel too tired to guide my feeble thief through the unforgiving world of Eschalon any more. So I may get it after all, if it is still fun when I finished the demo (and I was surprised how long a demo it is).

Back
Top Bottom