Alpha Protocol - Officially Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Obsidian and SEGA have officially announced their Spy-themed Alpha Protocol revealed a couple of days ago, although they are leaving the April GameInformer exclusive for the real details:
SEGA is very excited to be introducing a new type of gaming experience to next-gen consumers,” stated Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President of Marketing for SEGA of America, Inc. “With ground-breaking new RPG action and an interactive storyline matching the best spy-thrillers, Alpha Protocol delivers a true next-generation RPG experience.”
Loyalty carries a price and no one knows this more than agent Michael Thorton. A talented young agent cast out by his government, Thorton is the only one with the information needed to stop an impending international catastrophe. To do so means he must cut himself off from the very people he is sworn to protect. As players determine how to accomplish different objectives, the decisions made and actions taken in each mission will ultimately transform the type of secret agent Michael Thorton will become. Every choice the player makes as Michael Thorton will carry consequences for his future and the fate of the world.
“Alpha Protocol blends Obsidian’s knack for intricate story, engrossing characters, and significant character advancement with fast-paced modern combat,” said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment. “Alpha Protocol embraces everything we enjoy about making RPGs from a fresh perspective. We are confident our talented staff at Obsidian will enable us to deliver this exciting RPG experience.”
Alpha Protocol is slated for an early 2009 release for the Xbox 360, the PS3 and PC.
An official forum is up at Obsidian but presumably devs won't really be able to get into it until the exclusive expires and then perhaps some.
More information.

Last edited:
Black text color doesn't look good with the dark style. Could you please remove the color information from the newsbit? :)

I changed it on the front page (seems to be fine there) but it doesn't alter the text here in the comments section. I'll let one of the more experienced eds deal with this part.

Black text color doesn't look good with the dark style. Could you please remove the color information from the newsbit? :)

Wow, I only use light so I never noticed, but it makes the whole quote look like a giant spoiler tag or something.

I had to go take a quick look at the MMO side because I'm always using light as well.

Give us more! Inspector Clouseau!

Back
Top Bottom