Divinity II: DKS - Review @ All About The games

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a very short review All About The Games review the Xbox version of The Dragon Knight Saga. Don't want to quote the entire article so here is just a short bit:
While Divinity II: DKS isn't the prettiest game on the Xbox 360, it's certainly one of the best RPGs I have ever played on the console. And to let my inner nerd show, if Fable 3 is Dungeons & Dragons, then Divingity II:DKS is Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Special Edition.

Yep, it's just that good. Hats off to Larian Studios, I await your next surprise with baited breath.
More information.

Last edited:
This sounds great! I was waiting for the price to drop before buying Divinity II, but this will definitely tempt me to buy it sooner. I hope it will be released on PC too (it seems to be Xbox only for now).

This sounds great! I was waiting for the price to drop before buying Divinity II, but this will definitely tempt me to buy it sooner. I hope it will be released on PC too (it seems to be Xbox only for now).

Rest assured that this game is most definitely on the PC. The Xbox version is a port of the PC version in fact!

Also, it's "Dragon Knight Saga". Batman does not appear in this game.

I have played and finished Divinity 2 six months ago. Good game but not great as Divine Divinity. Two weeks ago I bought the expansion from Larian Vault and I'm going to play it after finishing Gothic 4.

I remembered that Divinity 2 did not receive favourable reviews from mainstream media. What I don't understand is what was changed, it's the same game with an expansion and few minor tweaks. I really don't understand.

PC version was released with the same time of Xbox 360 version. I think there's no boxed version released yet but you can buy Dragon Knight Sage from Larian Vault.

http://www.larianvault.com/product.php?item=9

The price is 40 €.

I have played and finished Divinity 2 six months ago. Good game but not great as Divine Divinity. Two weeks ago I bought the expansion from Larian Vault and I'm going to play it after finishing Gothic 4.

I remembered that Divinity 2 did not receive favourable reviews from mainstream media. What I don't understand is what was changed, it's the same game with an expansion and few minor tweaks. I really don't understand.

Well, it's the same game with the expansion, a serious overhaul to the graphics, gameplay tweaks and rebalancing.

I think the whole idea of the Dragon Knight Saga came into being when Larian was struggling with putting the expansion on the Xbox. The expansion was simply too big to release as DLC over Xbox Live, but they didn't want to leave Xbox users out in the cold. So they thought about releasing it as a retail version. But the game sold pretty badly over in the States for the Xbox, so the retail expansion would barely sell there. Eventually they came up with the idea of a nicely overhauled package that might perhaps re-introduce the game in places where it didn't sell all that well.

The decision was made to turn it into a PC version as well, because they changes Larian eventually made to the core came where to big to include with the expansion pack. Save games would simply be incompatible! So they released DKS alongside the "regular" expansion. DKS contains more tweaks to the original game than the expansion.

That's basically the long and short of it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, it's a lot more than a few tweaks..it's a complete overhaul.

I think there's no boxed version released yet but you can buy Dragon Knight Sage from Larian Vault.

I live in Oregon and can't find a boxed version anywhere yet. I'm holding out for a boxed version but looking forward to trying this game out.

Som reviews of DSK.

From gamespot average critic review 82% and average user review 88%. For one thing the game is missing advertisement. Hardly anyone knows it exists. There are no threads in game forums evens (som niche rpg ones excluded). Id say critics could have given it like +5 more if money had been put on adverting.

Here is one user review (9 out of 10 users agree with it):
If you ever played Oblivion or Dragon Age Origins and liked it - you will LOVE Divinity 2: DKS. If you ever played EGO DRACONIS original - you probably want to replay it in DKS setup. They have reworked the whole game, new graphics engine, a lot of items added, new quests etc.

Dragon Knight Saga includes reworked Ego Draconis and a Flames of vengeance expansion. I am playing EGO DRACONS right now and i can't stop myself. This game is easy better than Oblivion or DAO. Yes it is, and i am a big fan of RPGs. DKS set has the best graphics I've seen in RPGs that is if your PC can handle extreme quality. I am simply in love with this game. And there is SO MUCH more left to play… Since EGO Draconis itself has at least 120 hours of content + Flames of Vengeance, both games - over 200 hours of pure RPG fun.

Some people got bad impression about Ego Draconis from reviews when it came out in 2009. It was pretty ugly game if you ask me. It is reworked and supports DX10 now and this game looks really awesome. I literally wait every day until work is over so I can finally come home and play it again. It happens to me almost never.

This game is a REAL RPG. A lot of customizations options, a lot of equipment, fun quests, humorous NPCs, GREAT voice overs and amazing music tracks.

JUST TRY this game. Don't listen to anyone. TRY IT yourself.

DIVINITY 2: Dragon Knight Saga is probably the best thing that happened in a world of RPGs in a while. Its very well polished and deserves a round 10. At least from me.

10/10

I was going to buy DKS from the link you furnished; but, I searched the web for reviews of go.gamer and the reviews are not very nice. Just a little warning, buyer beware

I've heard only good things..the experience varies, I guess.

I was going to buy DKS from the link you furnished; but, I searched the web for reviews of go.gamer and the reviews are not very nice. Just a little warning, buyer beware

At this point I have not found a single bad review. Reviews that point out problems, sure, but none that were bad. Think 7/10 was the lowest. I haven't played so not defending the game ... just pointing out that I have yet to see a negative review of the game.

I was refering to the reviews of Go.Gamer; not the game itself

Ah sorry about that. I am not at all familiar with it ... thought maybe it was some forum site. My bad for lacking reading comprehension on that post :(

Made som threads in game forums about DKS. Its amazing how there are lots of discussion of arcania and two worlds 2 but DKS isnt even mentioned. And you can buy it new for 27€. Its a real shame.

I've ordered from GoGamer.com several times, and my experience was 100% positive every time. Fast shipping, well packaged, etc.

They only ship within the US though.

I've ordered from GoGamer.com several times, and my experience was 100% positive every time. Fast shipping, well packaged, etc.

They only ship within the US though.

I just ordered the box version of DKS from there. My first order from this company. I like their selection, they may replace ordering on line from Gamestop.

Rest assured that this game is most definitely on the PC. The Xbox version is a port of the PC version in fact!
I know the 'original' Divinity 2 is available on PC, but the Dragon Knight saga is Xbox only at the moment, according to Amazon. No option to pre-order the PC version either.

Back
Top Bottom