Divinity 2 - An English Review

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A short while ago Verena Kyratzes and her husband both did a preview of Divinity 2. She has now finished the game and finalized her review, which would have been rather possitive if not for the ending. Warning this is a spoiler heavy review.
But enough complaining about the minutiae of gameplay. Up until the end Divinity II still was a lot more fun than Oblivion, or Gothic III (sorry if you’re one of these people who get aneurysms when they hear or read that name, I should have warned you. It took me long months of psychological counseling until I could type it without going into seizures). There is still nothing I can say to refute that fact. The game has witty writing that is to this day only topped by Gothic I & II and the early Fallout games. It has lots of sidequests. Diverse sidequests, which pleasantly sets it apart from Oblivion or fetch-me-these-seventeen-polkadot-shrubberies-Gothic-III. You can even find peaceful solutions to some of these (big plus, says Verena the pacifist). Last but not least: Man, is flying fun or what? (Yeah, man, it is!)
More information.

A lot of people discussing in the Larian forum had the opposite opinion.

I wonder how it will turn out.

Very high praise indeed to compare it to Gothic 1&2, I'm looking forward to playing this in December, and seeing if it really lives up to that comparison.

Back
Top Bottom