Skyrim Amazing Screenshot Thread

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I took a look through some on the first page of that thread and they looked pretty dull to be honest.

A few of mine: (I'm more a fan of vistas than of the overall bad light armor models)
Whiterun
Riverwood
The Ruins Beyond
Vanity shot w/mountain range
Mehrune

And, my personal favorite on why Bethesda has a LONG way to go with Radiant quests:
captureyq.jpg

Great shots Drithius! Have you got some mod making your trees greener?

Thanks! I'm using the Realistic Lighting [vanilla] mod that allowed me tweak individual settings and slightly increase saturation. Additionally, I've also installed the FXAA Post Process Injector and turned on tree shadows. I haven't messed with ENB - too much trial and error for my tastes (and performance hits).

That Dead End Thrills site has some nice wallpapers - they seem to have some sort of air brush look to them though?

Drithius, I think that's the FXAA he's using. (I don't really like that effect much.) I've also noticed that being in a cloud tends to make things blurry, at least in my game.

Thanks Thrasher!

Well, I'm about half way through the game, I think. I decided that would be a good time to dump my screenshots somewhere. There's well over 100 in my gallery now, instead of just two. Folks without 3D should be able to just view one eye's image and do just fine, though I'm afraid that site doesn't let you make an image full screen.

Here's a mod that might be of interest to people perusing this thread, I think : Director's Tools.

(...)
Useful tools for all kinds of virtual photographers, machinima directors, and modders. This mod it's like a kind of a browser of original visual content, as the actual names of actions and effects in menu are exactly the same as editor IDs of those items in Creation Kit - just check the stuff in game, write down the names of your favourites, and use in your mods later without spending much of the time on searching. (...)

DIRECTOR'S TOOLS IN NUMBERS:
260+ animations, ~70 kill moves, 147 effect shaders, 87 visual effects, 165 imagespace modifiers, ~100 interior fog templates, 60 weather types, 130 outfits

I just found Blackreach. I think I might just fill my hard drive with screenshots today.

The more screens I see the more disappointing I am with skyrims graphics. Still don't understand why some people thinks it looks good. I mean look at the pinetrees in the whiterun screenshots for example, they look like a bunch of badly placed random meshes ( which is probably what they are ) nothing like a real forest, and they are not even that good looking. Hope they'd license speedtree technology again for the next game, so things will at least look on par with Oblivion.

Yeah, GG, Skyrim is probably the ugliest game ever - and you have no bias :)

It's all about the vistas I think. G3 may have been surpassed technically by plenty of RPGs since 2006 but it wasn't until Witcher 2 and Skyrim that it actually looked 5 years old.

Yeah, GG, Skyrim is probably the ugliest game ever - and you have no bias

Definitely not ugliest ever, but I really liked the graphics in Oblivion, while some other things appear better in Skyrim the grapgics was really a huge turn-off even when playing with high-res texture pack and ultra setting, it doesn't look good. I am really surprised by some people praising it looks, I'd say they are perhaps biased, or perhaps they see something I don't, or perhaps they like the unrealistic weird looking style skyrim has... might be simple as that.

Personally, I'm more impressed with how expansive the game is. That, despite all the braindead shit that Bethesda pulls, is what will always shine in a TES game. And it creates for some wonderful scenic moments. As far as technical graphic quality goes, I'll say above average.

…but above average graphics in a hardware environment that caters to 6 year old console technology is hardly anything to commend as a new standard.

GG, do you have some screenshots that show where Oblivion looks better than Skyrim? Also be sure to check your graphics mods at the door. Skyrim is still a work in progress for mods. I haven't tried Oblivion on my new(er) machine, but Skyrim certainly looks much better than Oblivion did for me.

Last edited:
GG *might* talk about artistic style here instead of world detail. Personally, I'm really happy they reoriented their style in the direction of Morrowind's alien visuals (or rather, in the direction of the somewhat more generic or Daggerfall-y Bloodmoon) which I absolutely loved. After Morrowind, I found Oblivion's visuals incredibly lacking in originality … much like everything associated with AD&D's Forgotten Realms when compared to Dark Sun, for example. Too much generic fairy tale, not enough grit.

Skyrim is a work that's had a heck of a lot of progress. Though maybe GG was using some really incredible mods for Oblivion?

Oblivion looked like this for me: http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9251/glade7gl.jpg
Skyrim looks like this: http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/Zloth…5012f5400002a/

P.S. Uhoh, sounds like ImageShack is getting ready to toss out most of my images. I'm way over the 500 image limit.

Well, I am watching that from my laptop which doesn't have 3d support... so I don't think it came out the way you planned it :)

I'm loving Skyrim graphics and I think they are better than Oblivion (although, not by much without mod.

Here is post of my Skyrim SS :D (all vanity shot of my toon)

Attachments

• Lady's home 1.jpg
    Lady's home 1.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Noble at the tavern.jpg
    Noble at the tavern.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Noble Lady at home.jpg
    Noble Lady at home.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Wench 1.jpg
    Wench 1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Wench 2.jpg
    Wench 2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 73
Indoor areas and characters definitely look much better ( that said those look uglier than awful in Oblivion :D ). It is the outside I am not satisfied with. So I agree with you purple those screens are better for sure.

Back
Top Bottom