Obsidian Entertainment - Rob McGinnis Leaves

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Lucky Day sends word that Obsidian Assistant Producer and community wrangler Rob McGinnis is leaving the company. Here's his post:
Well, it's been a fun ride. This Thursday, July 2nd, will be my last day at Obsidian Entertainment.

I have truly enjoyed my last three years working with the NWN2 community. Thanks to everyone that have made this such an enjoyable experience.

I will continue to lurk here, as a NWN2 player, so I won't be far away.

Matt Rorie, and others will be popping in here to keep an eye on things after I am gone.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
More information.

His leaving is generating a lot of speculation. Its be said before on other events but this may be the beginning of the end of NWN2.

One of the reasons I think is because I've never seen company forum guy as good as Rob before and I'm not even a big fan of the sequel. Bioware's approach was a lot more scattershot with devs coming in when they felt like it (which was still nice to see) and many other company liaisons aren't necessarily fans of the game they are liaisoning on. Rob actually explained why things happened the way they did at OE and though some of his answers were necessarily political I think he made an honest attempt to bridge the divide between dev and fan IMO.

Rob McGinnis
Brandon Adler and Matt Singh will be taking over the coordination and building of the patches. Matt Rorie will be handling the forums.

much of the speculation (and that's all it is at this point) is that Rob has jumped ship to Atari's developer for NWNOnline.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=684197&forum=109

Brandon Adler and Matt Singh have both been in the NWN2 mirc channel since Rob left (Rob also stopped by briefly to say hi), so it seems they plan to continue to support the game at least.

Back
Top Bottom