RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bioshock 2 - Zero Punctuation Review (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10054)

Dhruin March 6th, 2010 01:42

Bioshock 2 - Zero Punctuation Review

I don't follow Yahtzee much but Melvil writes in to point out his evisceration of Bioshock 2, which I did find amusing.
More information.

Bedwyr March 6th, 2010 01:42

So profane, but so spot on.

xSamhainx March 6th, 2010 02:47

Hilarious as usual! :lol:

txa1265 March 6th, 2010 04:05

I was surprised at how spot on, yet broad based this one was … normally Yahtzee takes a couple of things and runs with them.

Grandor Dragon March 6th, 2010 08:19

It's basically what I felt about this game from the first prevew I read/saw. Never played Bioshock 2, and I have no intention to.

DArtagnan March 6th, 2010 09:48

He has some good points as always :)

Melvil March 8th, 2010 06:49

Perfect review, all others attempt to hide the payoff :)

JemyM March 8th, 2010 07:42

I found the story in B2 to be interesting, much thanks to having a special interest in the psychology exploited/abused in it.

DArtagnan March 8th, 2010 10:05

BS2 is like the ultimate "ok" game.

Brother None March 8th, 2010 11:38

Aye, good points. Even if - as per usual - I still feel ZP isn't so much "reviewing" a game as "hammering on flaws". But hey, it's a comedy bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvil (Post 1061002289)
Perfect review, all others attempt to hide the payoff

Do they? Didn't I make similar points of criticism? Ah well… :/

DArtagnan March 8th, 2010 11:44

BN

Yeah, I'm kinda sick of ZP as well. Then again, I was sick after the first couple of reviews, as I find them mostly useless ;)

Brother None March 8th, 2010 12:31

I'm not sick of it. I find them quite amusing. It's just that he's not really reviewing, he's burning for comedic purposes. Yet there seem to be a subset of people who take his opinion very seriously. That seems a bit silly to me, but it's not on ZP itself.

Grandor Dragon March 8th, 2010 14:21

It is commentary, and very good one.

DArtagnan March 8th, 2010 14:25

Well, I'm of the opinion that you can burn down everything with ease - I know I can.

That's why I think it's largely useless - but if the people are entertained, who am I to interfere ;)

holeraw March 8th, 2010 16:02

It's just satire. He often sounds correct but so do all satirists.
I think he's pretty good at that too… I enjoy watching his reviews of games that I like because that's when I mostly 'get it'.
- So in this case it sounded as absurd as any other review I've read about that game… seriously what on earth is all that gibberish about? I'm almost convinced to play the damn thing just to understand what all that means!

xSamhainx March 8th, 2010 19:50

for me, his videos get funnier after a few viewings, I generally dont catch it all the first tiime. Or two.

This is one of his better ones, I liked his Demon Souls n Dragon Age ones too