RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Witcher 2 - Gameplay Video (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10242)

Dhruin March 27th, 2010 23:47

The Witcher 2 - Gameplay Video

If you haven't already spotted this on our forums, Dagon showed us some shakycam footage, presumably from CD Projekt's Spring Conference. The presentation is in Polish, although the actual game version running is English, and we see substantial new footage in the nearly five minutes. Fans who felt a little hemmed in will love seeing Geralt vault over obstacles.
More information.

fijau March 27th, 2010 23:47

In fact, there are four parts of that gameplay. Overall 20 minutes long.

turian March 28th, 2010 00:34

thats some really impressive stuff there!

i really hated all these fence obstacles and all the loading screens in witcher 1.

but now its all gone.

wynams March 28th, 2010 01:43

cool, you can jump over stuff (like over the boat rail!) you could never do that in a tileset game like Dragon Age … obstacles suck and remind you that you aren't really in the world (immersion blockers!)

looks great

azarhal March 28th, 2010 03:55

Looks like the previous game voice actors are back (Geralt, Trish). That's good, because I though they were pretty good in the first game.

Combat seems to be quite different and a lot more interactive too (not sure if this is better without playing the game though). But the engine looks way better and a lot more flexible than the Aurora engine they used in the first game and if there isn't to much loading, I'm going to be quite happy.

Dasale March 28th, 2010 09:53

That's appealing but without to have controls in hand it's not easy to know. I suspect the area we saw are a lot linear, and the improvement is that obstacles are a lot more natural. It's good that it's possible to climb obstacle that could force area designers design map obstacles that are a lot more real. But that's not necessary I have seen games allowing jump and climb some precise obstacles not in general in the areas.

For the fights they seem to me highly suspecting because the dynamics are a lot too complicate and I don't see how a normal player could control that. Also the fights last a lot too long for non bosses fights, that is feeling like a demo gameplay more than a true gameplay.

I'm still highly curious to see and play the result and know the story. Well I'll have to buy a new computer so I'm not that much in a hurry to have it. :)

Twotricks March 28th, 2010 11:35

Gameplay looks like its getting closer to God of war. Which can only be good.
I mean superb roleplay of PC classic + best of action rpg gameplay. Thats awesome.

Also areas seem to be huge and incredibly detailed. And roleplay element seem to be even better than in previous game (if thats even possible)

AMAZING

joxer March 28th, 2010 16:15

Awsome stuff. If mobs won't respawn like in the first game, this will be GOTY candidate for sure.

Morbus March 29th, 2010 01:06

I'm worried about this game. I heard it's not the same team on quest and level design…

Which means it doesn't deserve the title of The Witcher 2, because The Witcher was good because of the quests and levels… Not because of graphics and immershun…

JDR13 March 29th, 2010 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbus (Post 1061005628)
I'm worried about this game. I heard it's not the same team on quest and level design…

They've added some new members, and lost others, but it's still the same development team afaik.

bemushroomed March 29th, 2010 20:48

Could be good, i hope they've made better combat and removed the stale Bioware feel that The Witcher had..

New members to the team is probably just a good thing ;)

Dez March 29th, 2010 21:52

I'm glad about changes. mouse click timed combat wasn't the strongest point and aurora engine had it's limitations. Hopefully the locations in witcher 2 have more of that open ended feeling.

I'm definitely going to preorder Witcher 2 :)

Thrasher March 29th, 2010 23:06

What's the deal with the Witcher having so much disfiguring facial scarring? It almost seems to be an obsession with the designers, while making the cutscenes repulsive…

JDR13 March 29th, 2010 23:42

Hey, if you can't handle the dark and gritty…. ;)