RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Alpha Protocol - Full Achievements List (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10315)

Dhruin April 9th, 2010 06:10

Alpha Protocol - Full Achievements List

This is spoiler-ish but French site Succes Full has a list of Alpha Protocol's Achievements for anyone interested.
More information.

themadhatter April 9th, 2010 06:10

Nothing particularly "spoiler-ish" about the list, much less unexpected, save the name of the missions. Hopefully there are more than the five denoted therein, though it seems unlikely the developers would neglect to make note of such. All told, it seems rather run-of-the-mill.

Postscript:
On second glance, I'll concede that the "Desert Spear" achievement does spoil the identity of what is undoubtedly a major antagonist. Quite likely nothing the player wouldn't learn in the first ten minutes of actual play, though.

bjon045 April 9th, 2010 07:42

It is a spoiler because once you have seen these you know all the possible achievements in the game which means you won't be surprised when you earn one.

themadhatter April 9th, 2010 15:46

Very droll, mate.
Yes, I am quite certain everyone on these forums is just giddy with excitement to earn some achievements. That's what we've been waiting for…

wolfing April 9th, 2010 15:57

bah, achievements. Kill 129 enemies while playing with one eye closed for the 'Cyclop Assassin' achievement. I'll never understand people's fascination with these things.

ortucis April 9th, 2010 20:05

Achievements: For those precious moments when playing and finishing our game just doesn't feel like an achievement to the player.

bjon045 April 10th, 2010 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by themadhatter (Post 1061006989)
Very droll, mate.

About as droll as taking issue with Dhruin for using the word spoiler-ish :lol:

I understand your point, however I did think Dragon Age did an okay job on "achievements".

joxer April 10th, 2010 15:12

This list is of no use to me. I don't play any game to win some achievements so… I don't care if there is a list or not.

Anderson April 10th, 2010 19:32

I think this is more for the 360 players. Some of them (not me) care about achievements because they stack from game to game, adding to an overall Gamer Score associated with your Gamertag (and your e-penis length). People with Gamerscores of 75,000 get to feel superior to people like me with Gamerscores of 12,000.

Korplem April 10th, 2010 20:38

I like achievements because they extend the life time of a game. I have a very hard time replaying games, even my favorites, but when there is an identifiable goal for me, I can keep playing after I've beaten a game.

Krzychu April 10th, 2010 22:28

The sense of achievements aside, what is the point of releasing a list of achievements?!?

Anderson April 10th, 2010 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krzychu (Post 1061007105)
The sense of achievements aside, what is the point of releasing a list of achievements?!?

So people who are into achievements can gauge how challenging or imaginative the achievements will be.