RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   RPGWatch (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Not receiving an activation mail? Check your spam folder. (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108)

Arhu October 18th, 2006 03:09

No activation mail? Check your spam folder.

When you register you should be receiving an activation mail with a link to click on, to verify your email address is valid. As our forum isn't 100% configured yet, that mail may be eaten by your own or by your provider's spam filter, for example by hotmail.

So please check your spamfolder. The email that is sent out by this forum looks like this:

Subject: Action Required to Activate Membership for RPGWatch Forums
Sender: RPGWatch Forums.

Big Bottom October 18th, 2006 03:23

Good advice, mine was in my spam folder.

txa1265 October 18th, 2006 04:01

My email client *really* doesn't like the forums address …

txa1265 October 18th, 2006 13:43

Just to follow-up … Hotmail *really* hates the email - check the header:
Quote:

Potentially dangerous message. Report & Delete
Mail has failed SenderID check. We recommend you contact the sender via phone before opening this mail. Learn more
It won't let me 'allow sender' …

Arhu October 18th, 2006 16:41

That was probably because there was no sender. There now is one, plus I've enabled a certain "-f parameter" (thanks garvity for the tip). So let's see what it brings.

If anyone still hasn't got an activation mail, please tell us. I've enabled posting in this forum for users who are not yet fully "activated".

txa1265 October 18th, 2006 16:42

Just to confirm - on the topic reply notifications, I was able to 'allw sender' no problem and everything comes to my inbox properly.

garvity October 18th, 2006 23:00

Thanks to Jaz for resending my confirmation email! It just came in a couple hours ago. Before the changes, none of the messages were getting through, not even to my spam folder.

Jaz October 19th, 2006 06:31

Good to know it worked!

Just in case - I resent activation mails to all those who are shown as 'awaiting registration'. So if someone receives two registration mails… my fault. But two is better than none… ;).

lostnumber October 19th, 2006 18:01

Just incase anyone cares my registration process went rather swimmingly. I couldn't bear to leave this community behind; although I haven't been a very active member throughout the years I have grown attached to all of the regulars here. You folks run a great show, and I find that having access to a rather mature and caring international community has been rewarding. Please keep up the good work; I say this in all sincerity. Loosing the dot community would be a tragic loss indeed.

Tauschitz October 21st, 2006 17:13

Arhu,

I still have not received my activation e-mail. Might I give you a different e-mail address that is configured differently so that it will not "filter" the e-mail? If so to whom should I send this new e-mail address?

Tauschitz

Stanza November 2nd, 2006 15:53

What is the purpose of the "activation" e-mail? Is it only to verify your e-mail, or is it supposed to prevent spambots from posting to the newgroups? If the latter, it's not working — I was able to create a new account and post immediatelly without activation.

I still have not seen this e-mail. I rather suspect my ISP's "auto-delete spam" feature ate it (useless though it is against real spam).

Arhu November 3rd, 2006 00:16

Stanza: All users, including guests, can comment on newsbits. Users waiting for their activation mail such as you can post in "General Forums - RPGWatch" so they can tell us there were problems with the activation mail. You can't post anywhere else. ;)

That said, have you checked all your spam folders? Trash bin? Otherwise I'm sure Jaz will try to send you another activation mail. :)

Jaz November 3rd, 2006 13:07

I re-sent the activation code last night.

Zocky December 11th, 2006 12:29

hey guys!
I didn't want to open new thread, so I'll just post in this one.
Anyway, I just found about this site and it seems like a nice place! Can't wait to see more stuff here. Good work so far!

Corwin December 11th, 2006 13:13

Glad to hear you like it and welcome!!

Sin March 27th, 2011 03:22

Hi there. I've had no email yet, and my junk filter hasn't blocked anything. I would very much like to start posting and become part of the community. Could someone please re-send the activation.

Corwin March 27th, 2011 05:17

They are usually generated automatically and very quickly, so it's strange you haven't received it yet. Hopefully an admin will see your post and do a resend.

Jaz March 27th, 2011 09:14

Sin, I registered your account. If it still doesn't work for you (you won't get another email this way), just shout out.

Sin March 27th, 2011 10:31

Thank you sir. I hope my experience proves an asset to the site.

Corwin March 27th, 2011 11:06

Sin, one small heads up; Jaz is NOT a sir!! :)