RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Two Worlds II - Preview @ Destructoid (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10834)

aries100 June 22nd, 2010 21:53

Two Worlds II - Preview @ Destructoid

Destructoid has a very positive preview of Topware's sequel to the first game. Here's the part about the combat in Two Worlds II:
Quote:

Combat is tighter, and has a very nice flow to it. Southpeak informs me that the combat is still being polished, but in this pre-release state it's still looking pretty good. The dreadful animations of the hilarious early trailer are nowhere to be seen. The game looks and runs a lot better now, to the point where it actually looks like a real videogame released in the current generation. What a nice bonus.
More information.

crpgnut June 22nd, 2010 21:53

I must admit that I've added that site/person to my never visit/read list. He writes like a codexer. Crass language belongs in forums, not "previews". Jim Sterling writes like a 12 year old who can't cuss at home. His Mommy should wash his mouth out, preferably with cyanide.

Thrasher June 22nd, 2010 22:13

When I click on the link, I get "No input file specified."

Apparently, the cyanide mouthwash was effective. ;)

ortucis June 22nd, 2010 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061015884)
I must admit that I've added that site/person to my never visit/read list. He writes like a codexer. Crass language belongs in forums, not "previews". Jim Sterling writes like a 12 year old who can't cuss at home. His Mommy should wash his mouth out, preferably with cyanide.

You really shouldn't expect anything extraordinary from console focused sites like Joystiq and Destructoid.

I actually visit these sites for the comments, which are hilarious. Codex is similar but at least more useful for a RPG developer (who can wade past the bullshit).

aries100 June 22nd, 2010 23:40

Sorry about that :(

The link should ne working now :)

Thrasher June 22nd, 2010 23:49

Nope. Not yet, at least… :(

aries100 June 23rd, 2010 00:01

The link works from the front page, but not from the forums. For some odd reason, I quite don't understand…

magerette June 23rd, 2010 00:17

Yep until someone with greater Powers appears to fix it, the exact same url in the forum link is somehow disabled.

Dhruin June 23rd, 2010 01:41

As I recall, Jim Sterling wrote that 2/10 Alpha Protocol review. I'm not saying the game doesn't deserve some criticism but I get the feeling he's out for lulz and traffic. Definitely safe to ignore him.

Anderson June 23rd, 2010 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhruin (Post 1061015921)
As I recall, Jim Sterling wrote that 2/10 Alpha Protocol review. I'm not saying the game doesn't deserve some criticism but I get the feeling he's out for lulz and traffic. Definitely safe to ignore him.

No, don't ignore him entirely, he has some hilariously good reviews, like the one for Deadly Premonition (which he gave a 10). Maybe he's right about Two Worlds 2, too. We shall see.

Dhruin June 23rd, 2010 05:34

I can safely ignore him based on the AP review. I don't actually read reviews for hilarity, so I don't really care how funny he might be.

Tragos June 23rd, 2010 09:26

No input file specified. <— link still doesn't work for me

Dhruin June 23rd, 2010 09:51

You'll have to use the front the page link.