RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Witcher 2 - Gameplay Videos @ GameSpot (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10945)

Dhruin July 13th, 2010 21:44

The Witcher 2 - Gameplay Videos @ GameSpot
 
Omega points out a trio of Witcher 2 gameplay movies at GameSpot. The situations will be familiar to anyone who has watched the official trailers but these clips show the dialogue and gameplay around these set pieces. Well worth a look.
More information.

Greymane July 13th, 2010 21:44

Nice. Wouldn't mind watching a full featured movie of the Witcher. The characters and dialogue are engaging.

WorstUsernameEver July 13th, 2010 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greymane (Post 1061017889)
Nice. Wouldn't mind watching a full featured movie of the Witcher. The characters and dialogue are engaging.

There is, though I heard it's awful and fans of the series hate it.

As for the gameplay videos themselves, the only criticism I have to move against them it's that the animations still look a bit choppy, especially the facial ones.
Considering this looks to be the same build they used for the first presentations, and that the game doesn't even have a fixed release date, I'm very very optimistic about that being fixed in the final product.

P.S. : I'm curious about a more in-depth analysis of their character development system, though. They've just talked about it in broad details.

JDR13 July 13th, 2010 22:20

I'm curious about the camera. It seemed to be pulled back quite far during combat, at least compared to the 3rd person view of the first game. I hope it's fully adjustable.

bemushroomed July 13th, 2010 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorstUsernameEver (Post 1061017894)
As for the gameplay videos themselves, the only criticism I have to move against them it's that the animations still look a bit choppy, especially the facial ones.
Considering this looks to be the same build they used for the first presentations, and that the game doesn't even have a fixed release date, I'm very very optimistic about that being fixed in the final product.

No way. They're not redoing the animations, that's quite a bit of work they've put in already into that, no way they did it "sloppy" just to redo them again. I'd even bet money on that one.

WorstUsernameEver July 13th, 2010 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemushroomed (Post 1061017898)
No way. They're not redoing the animations, that's quite a bit of work they've put in already into that, no way they did it "sloppy" just to redo them again. I'd even bet money on that one.

You work for CD Projekt? Because, I'd honestly be surprised if they DIDN'T fix those facial animations before release.

bemushroomed July 13th, 2010 23:44

I don't. But i've worked with animations :) and i've seen my fair share of beta/alpha games. It's just not something that is put in there temporarily to be fixed later. You could do that with a texture or a mesh, but with animations, most of the time not.

Also, your idea of "bad" animations would apply to almost 99% of all games :) It's unforunate but true..

holeraw July 14th, 2010 11:15

The 3rd video reminds me of ME2… a lot.

Nevermind that though - I really like whatever I've seen so far. Even Geralt's new face starts to look good to me - at least it shows character.

(I didn't much like that there wasn't a choice not to stop the hanging… but then again letting them hang Dantelion wouldn't be appropriate at all)

I want this game!

Tragos July 14th, 2010 13:04

I like the videos too , Geralt still looks too young tho.

Combat moves are somewhat mediocre because as CDPR replied in their forum "Geralt is very low level" , if you remember his moves from TW1 they do have a point.

Ovenall July 15th, 2010 00:12

I don't quite get the flying gushers of blood from a punch with a fist. But otherwise it looks pretty good. Sort of reminds me of Assassin's Creed 2, which I liked but never finished.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch