RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Two Worlds II - Archery Video @ Two Worlds Vault (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11074)

Dhruin July 31st, 2010 05:15

Two Worlds II - Archery Video @ Two Worlds Vault

A video that showcases the archery in Two Worlds II is up at Two Worlds Vault - worth a look for anyone that likes using bows in RPGs.
More information.

Zloth July 31st, 2010 05:15

AUTO-AIM!? Even when the auto-aim was off, you just point the cross-hair at what you want dead and shoot. It's like shooting a laser! I'm not impressed at all.

bemushroomed July 31st, 2010 08:53

The consoles must have auto-aim because of their unprecise controls ;)

Looked alright.. i wasnt expecting an archery simulator anyways, looks like in most/all other RPG's.

Zephyr July 31st, 2010 16:29

This game is looking better all the time.

Zloth August 1st, 2010 20:29

Eh? A 3D role playing game with archery auto-aim? Seems to me like most of them require you to aim above the target. Quite a bit above for long distances. It took awhile to master but it was a lot of fun once you did. But yeah, I doubt I could do it with cosole controlls. Yet another feature lost to those old klunker console systems. {sigh}

Edit: Wait a second - how did archery work on the XBox for Oblivion? That definitely required shooting along an arch.

DPB August 1st, 2010 21:29

Gothic and Gothic II don't have manual aiming either.

PrinceOfDeath August 1st, 2010 22:52

This game has a manual and auto.
Your choice on which to use…

DarNoor August 2nd, 2010 01:54

I'm getting anxious for this game. Although, that video didn't impress me very much. I'm glad to hear they have manual as well. Is there a first person mode with this game? Or is it only 3rd person? I would like to have the option.

JDR13 August 2nd, 2010 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPB (Post 1061019536)
Gothic and Gothic II don't have manual aiming either.

Yes, but is hitting your target in TW2 going to be based on the skill of your character?

You don't automatically hit your opponents in Gothic 1/2, and you have to invest a significant amount of points in archery for it to be effective.

bemushroomed August 2nd, 2010 12:01

I bet the damage is based on the skill of your character, would be very strange otherwise ;)

JDR13 August 2nd, 2010 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemushroomed (Post 1061019594)
I bet the damage is based on the skill of your character, would be very strange otherwise ;)

Well I would certainly hope so. I'm also talking about hit percentage though, not just damage.

bemushroomed August 2nd, 2010 13:52

For free aim i hope you can make more damage (locational damage) otherwise it would be kind of useless if autoaim hits every time. I think they're holding back too much info about this game sometimes :/ for most RPG'ers this is more important than to know the specifics of their graphics engine.

Thrasher August 2nd, 2010 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarNoor (Post 1061019550)
IIs there a first person mode with this game? Or is it only 3rd person? I would like to have the option.

^This. Third person mode is so awkward for me…

Tragos August 16th, 2010 11:16

Not bad at all , the arrow arcs are a bit strange tho.
The character did miss the 2nd arrow , bows are not for the impatient hehe