RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - DLC, Screens (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11184)

Dhruin August 20th, 2010 00:49

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - DLC, Screens
 
VG247 reports that Eidos Montreal has started to work on DLC for next year's Deus Ex: Human Revolution. You can also grab some screens from VoodooExtreme. Thanks, Omega.
More information.

DarNoor August 20th, 2010 00:49

Ok, now this makes me mad. I'm all for DLC's because they can add new content after the game has been released and played. They have the potential to add a few more hours of gameplay. But, to start work on a DLC for a game that hasn't even been released yet? Why not just add the content to the game BEFORE it is released? Instead they will make us pay for additional content that should have already been in the game? This stuff is getting out of hand.

Anderson August 20th, 2010 01:54

I can't remember ever hearing this type of announcement before, so early in advance of the game's release. Can't be good politics.

guenthar August 20th, 2010 03:35

Maybe the DLC is like what they did with Dragon Age and is free with purchase of the game so that they can screw the second hand market.

holeraw August 20th, 2010 03:47

I hope they'll announce a patch soon as well.

Tuco August 20th, 2010 05:31

Since when is Ubisoft involved in Deus Ex development? I was sure this game was from Square Enix and Eidos.

Dhruin August 20th, 2010 06:39

My mistake. I had just been reading about the new HoMM and had that on my mind.

Badesumofu August 20th, 2010 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarNoor (Post 1061021441)
Ok, now this makes me mad. I'm all for DLC's because they can add new content after the game has been released and played. They have the potential to add a few more hours of gameplay. But, to start work on a DLC for a game that hasn't even been released yet? Why not just add the content to the game BEFORE it is released? Instead they will make us pay for additional content that should have already been in the game? This stuff is getting out of hand.

Why should this additional content be free? The key word is 'additional', as in - it's not part of the core game, and you wouldn't be getting it at all if it wasn't being made as DLC. Try to remember that the reason these games are made in the first place is to make money. It costs money to create extra content, so why wouldn't you expect to pay extra money in order to get it?

DArtagnan August 20th, 2010 09:31

At least they're upfront about developing DLC at this stage.

Not a big help, but it's something.

DarNoor August 20th, 2010 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badesumofu (Post 1061021468)
Why should this additional content be free? The key word is 'additional', as in - it's not part of the core game, and you wouldn't be getting it at all if it wasn't being made as DLC. Try to remember that the reason these games are made in the first place is to make money. It costs money to create extra content, so why wouldn't you expect to pay extra money in order to get it?

I have no problem paying for aditional content. I buy DLC's for DA and other games. My issue is that they are making the DLC for a game that hasn't even been released yet. Normally DLC's are made after the game is already out. It just makes me wonder if they are leaving out content on purpase just to make a DLC. Why not include it in the game since the game is still being developed?

bemushroomed August 20th, 2010 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarNoor (Post 1061021495)
Why not include it in the game since the game is still being developed?

Could be that they've assigned more people just for the DLC.

Have they really said that the DLC will be finished at the same time as the game? If so then it's hard to justify, even provocative.. especially if its the same people working on the DLC AND the game, if not, then it's understandable and expected.

bemushroomed August 22nd, 2010 03:49

Wow. This guy is really optimistic.

"When was the last time you saw a great PC game being adapted to consoles and becoming more complex in the process?"

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010…-report-day-3/

I believe it when i see it.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch