RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Some of my artwork (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139)

Sorcha Ravenlock January 17th, 2007 10:21

Some of my artwork

I got asked in another thread where my avatar came from. When I replied I made it myself, I was asked if I had more artwork. So I thought I'd start a seperate thread to show of my limited talent ;)

Anyway, these are all family/work friendly:

blue magic
Forrest mischief
The Hunt
Survival of the fittest
Guard Duty, close up
Black Magic
Black Magic, close up
Meaghan
Summer Love
Size doesn't matter
Urban Angel
Sisters
Sand Storm
Arabian Nights
The Rescue
The Rescue, close up

Sorcha Ravenlock January 17th, 2007 10:30

Family and work unfriendly:

Jungle Raider
The Slayer
Guardian Devil (my avi)
Night Shift
Fairy 1
Fairy 2
Guard Duty, Full render
Queen of the Jungle
Hiro

Wulf January 17th, 2007 11:03

Excellent Artwork! :)

txa1265 January 17th, 2007 12:37

Cool stuff, Sorcha!

Corwin January 17th, 2007 13:02

The work is stunning!! I notice some common trends; you like long sweeping hair!! You should publish your work somewhere!!

Acleacius January 17th, 2007 13:27

Thanks, enjoyed it very much. :)

txa1265 January 17th, 2007 13:51

Now you just need to do one that looks like you feel after a tough day with the kids :D

Myrthos January 17th, 2007 14:12

Awesome… Do you have artwork with towers as well? ;)

Sorcha Ravenlock January 17th, 2007 16:48

So many kind replies :blush: thank you all :)

Corwin, I haven't published anything or uploaded anything to artsites, I am just not confident enough to do that.
I did submit 'Night Shift' in a competition at Daz Studio recently, the theme was 'Manly Men' :)

Mike: I think 'Night Shift' is not so much how I feel after a day, but what I wish for. ;) Actually, my husband did use to do the midnight bottle, so I could sleep from 11 pm to 5 am when our little one was small :D

Myrthos: no i don't have any tower props. All the props, figures, outfits, backdrops, hairstyles and so on are bought seperately, I am still building up my collection. :)

Cm January 17th, 2007 17:01

These are wonderful. Keep us posted on your new stuff as you go along.

xSamhainx January 17th, 2007 21:27

Thx, i have some very nice wallpapers now for a while ='.'=

magerette January 17th, 2007 21:39

Very beautiful! Some of your characters have better facial expressions than many game characters I've known.

Korplem January 18th, 2007 02:38

I'm very impressed, great job!

dteowner January 18th, 2007 03:22

I think it was the striking colors that most caught my eye. I think I'd use the word "vivid".

Jaz January 18th, 2007 08:56

Very, very, VERY good. You should do book covers. Especially your 'family unfriendly' pics (which aren't, by the way :) ) … a little more work unsafe yet and they would make great covers for Ellora's Cave publications. Some of their covers are just plain horrible (my sister-in-law owns a huge and constantly expanding collection of Furry romantica books) while your pics are fantastic (downloading while I type)!
What do you use, Maya or dear old Poser with some really good models?

Sorcha Ravenlock January 18th, 2007 13:02

Oh, thank you all :blush:

I use Daz Studio, which is free to download from their site:
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/st…841f45260c8e/?
(it comes with some free stuff included)

They have some figures up for free too, like Aiko, which is the one I use (although I do have the morphpack, which you do have to buy) :
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemde…m=2866&cat=147

The program is simple to use, and most people who tried it were able to create a decent image with some freebies and a good tutorial, like the one that you can download together with the daz Studio program.

If people are intrested, I can post some links to sites with free stuff. :)
(mind that most freebies are free to use in Poser and Daz, but that that does not mean you have the right to port the meshes or textures for use in other programs or to use them for mods for games like the Sims and Oblivion ;) )

titus January 18th, 2007 16:09

amazing work.
Like some in here have noticed, I am a great fan of louis royo. But from now on, I'm also your fan :D

Bartacus January 18th, 2007 19:18

First of all a congratulations is in order, so I do.

Then a few remarks:
Jungle Raider looks a lot like Lara Croft
I see you've been making a pic of CM in her younger years. (points to Guardian Devil)
About that last one -> Without the hair he looks a tiny bit like the guy from Hitman.

Sorcha Ravenlock January 18th, 2007 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by titus (Post 16187)
amazing work.
Like some in here have noticed, I am a great fan of louis royo. But from now on, I'm also your fan :D

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartacus (Post 16214)
First of all a congratulations is in order, so I do.

Then a few remarks:
Jungle Raider looks a lot like Lara Croft
I see you've been making a pic of CM in her younger years. (points to Guardian Devil)
About that last one -> Without the hair he looks a tiny bit like the guy from Hitman.

hehe, guess what I was playing when I did 'Jungle Raider' … ;)

Jaz January 19th, 2007 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartacus (Post 16214)

Awww, now you must make pics of us others, too! Poor Sorcha ;)