RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gothic 3 (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I think something is wrong with these quests… (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11497)

DudeNtheRoom September 29th, 2010 08:44

I think something is wrong with these quests…
 
I have the quests about killing the orc patrols in my inventory. I went and killed them and the orcs just got up after about 10 seconds. I even defeated the main guy at the farm and got the duel quest done but not the patrol ones.

So am I doing something wrong or what?

GhanBuriGhan September 29th, 2010 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeNtheRoom (Post 1061027202)
I have the quests about killing the orc patrols in my inventory. I went and killed them and the orcs just got up after about 10 seconds. I even defeated the main guy at the farm and got the duel quest done but not the patrol ones.

So am I doing something wrong or what?

IIRC, you have to fully kill them (coup de grace), i.e. target them when they are knocked down (unconscious) for a final blow. Most Orcs are considered NPCs, so like humans they are first knocked out and not killed in combat.

DudeNtheRoom September 30th, 2010 06:05

I lost my book to this game. How do I lock on to a knockdown opponent. I had a feeling it was something along those lines but I didn't know how to do it and I didn't see it in the keyboard configuration page.

GhanBuriGhan September 30th, 2010 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeNtheRoom (Post 1061027333)
I lost my book to this game.

Eh, thats usually the euphemism for "I torrented this" - If you like RPGs, please support developers and publishers by buying them. If you did, please ignore this statement.

Quote:

How do I lock on to a knockdown opponent. I had a feeling it was something along those lines but I didn't know how to do it and I didn't see it in the keyboard configuration page.
TBH I'm not sure. I think maybe left-click and hold, or right click and hold plus left click… something like that. Its been a while.

Gorath September 30th, 2010 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeNtheRoom (Post 1061027333)
I lost my book to this game. How do I lock on to a knockdown opponent. I had a feeling it was something along those lines but I didn't know how to do it and I didn't see it in the keyboard configuration page.

Dude, you should really read your own threads. ;)
This has been answered before.

And if you wonder where all your threads are: I moved them to the correct forum, and I would really appreciate if you could (a) learn to post in the correct forum and (b) give your threads more precise names.

DudeNtheRoom October 1st, 2010 10:53

How to kill a NPC had not been answered. Also, I don't get how asking a question about Gothic 3 is not suppose to be in the Gothic 3 forum. I'm serious and not trying to be a smartass. Unless I missed something.

Wish someone would have told me that the 1.7+ patches were going to make my previous games unplayable. I had a couple of errors the last time around.

When I installed 1.6 a new shortcut was made to my desktop. Do I still use that shortcut or the one that says "Gothic 3 CP"?

GhanBuriGhan October 1st, 2010 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeNtheRoom (Post 1061027515)
How to kill a NPC had not been answered. Also, I don't get how asking a question about Gothic 3 is not suppose to be in the Gothic 3 forum. I'm serious and not trying to be a smartass. Unless I missed something.

Actually it was answered : http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11494
What Gorath is saying is that quest related questions should go into the "Gothic 3 spoilers" subforum.

Maybe it should be renamed "quest-help and spoiler forum" to be more clear…

DudeNtheRoom October 1st, 2010 21:07

Oh, I think that was one of the threads that was moved and I didn't know what happened to I made another one. Thats why I didn't read it.

You guys need one of those auto emails that tells you if a thread has been moved. I wouldn't have asked again. It would make the mods have a lot easier of a job.

Gorath October 2nd, 2010 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeNtheRoom (Post 1061027607)
Oh, I think that was one of the threads that was moved and I didn't know what happened to I made another one. Thats why I didn't read it.

You guys need one of those auto emails that tells you if a thread has been moved. I wouldn't have asked again. It would make the mods have a lot easier of a job.

Actually I intentionally disabled the redirection on these threads because I wanted you to wonder where they are. ;) Default is a temporary redirection for a week or so.

Overlooking one of the sub-forums is no big deal. Happens all the time.
Moving threads is unnecessary, boring and avoidable work for a moderator, though. Even more so as creating the thread in the spoiler forum right away doesn't even cost you a second more. It's nothing personal, and I tend not to remember such things for long, but I react a bit snappy if somebody forces me to waste my time on boring stuff like moving threads. :)

Gorath October 2nd, 2010 15:29

The Communtiy Patch comes with its own pdf manual. It explains the big novelties compared to the vanilla game. Just in case you didn't know.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch