RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Two Worlds II - v1.2 Patch (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12590)

Dhruin February 9th, 2011 22:23

Two Worlds II - v1.2 Patch

Two Worlds Vault notes a new v1.2 patch for Two Worlds II. Head over for the file (24Mb) and the full patch notes but TWV says:
Quote:

The update contains most pressing bugfixes, improves alchemy, spells and interface, and fixes various graphical issues. In addition, multiplayer balancing is improved as well as convenience tweaks (e.g. rarer merchant's VOs) have been introduced.
Note that this should be applied on top of v1.1.
More information.

TheMadGamer February 9th, 2011 22:23

This is nice but did the developer ever make a press release explaining why all the PC DVD retail box orders for North America were cancelled?

Dhruin February 9th, 2011 22:31

I'm not sure the developer would comment but the publisher, Southpeak, has avoided the issue by pointing out the availability from digital vendors.

DoctorNarrative February 10th, 2011 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadGamer (Post 1061049180)
This is nice but did the developer ever make a press release explaining why all the PC DVD retail box orders for North America were cancelled?

Because boxed PC sales in the US are low and publishers get a smaller cut, so they are actively trying to get everyone to switch to digital sales. They won't say it that bluntly but that is the reason.

Get the import from Gogamer if you want a box (or get the Royal Edition from Topware like I did… nice box!).

TheMadGamer February 10th, 2011 01:28

Well I'm either getting a boxed version or skipping the game. Thanks for the tips.

Couchpotato February 10th, 2011 02:40

Quote:

Because boxed PC sales in the US are low and publishers get a smaller cut, so they are actively trying to get everyone to switch to digital sales. They won't say it that bluntly but that is the reason.
Yes but most companies don't advertise a box copy then at the last moment make it digital. I lack any respect for the publisher. No announcement and no reply's to any emails. Screw them and I hope they face more money and legal troubles in the future. Reality pump should not use them as a future publisher but you know they will.

Quote:

Well I'm either getting a boxed version or skipping the game. Thanks for the tips
If your interested still despite all the snafus you can buy it off topware/gogame, Amazon is also selling the boxed royal copy from topware on the 25th.

DoctorNarrative February 10th, 2011 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061049255)
Yes but most companies don't advertise a box copy then at the last moment make it digital. I lack any respect for the publisher. No announcement and no reply's to any emails. Screw them and I hope they face more money and legal troubles in the future. Reality pump should not use them as a future publisher but you know they will.

Oh I agree, I was just saying what their reasoning likely is. One assumes the number of pre-orders had something to do with it as well. The simple fact is the game came out months earlier in a fully compatible version with US computers, so small sales should not be a surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061049255)
If your interested still despite all the snafus you can buy it off topware/gogame, Amazon is also selling the boxed royal copy from topware on the 25th.

Right, the gogamer copy should suffice for anyone in the US who needs a box. If you want the Royal Edition then amazon or Topware's own site has them for sale. I got my Royal Edition on amazon and Topware shipped it the next day.

crpgnut February 10th, 2011 20:46

Has it been heavily discounted yet? I plan on getting this once it hits the $19.99 US price.

DoctorNarrative February 11th, 2011 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061049445)
Has it been heavily discounted yet? I plan on getting this once it hits the $19.99 US price.

It's been $30 on gogamer off and on… definitely worth that if you ask me.

Roland February 11th, 2011 03:58

Got mine from GoGamer today :)