RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Two Worlds II - UK Release Delayed (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12822)

Dhruin March 4th, 2011 23:13

Two Worlds II - UK Release Delayed
 
Yes, again. Reader Simon writes that Amazon pushed his order to late nex week and Eurogamer notes a similar thing, so it's looking like the 11th or so for now.
More information.

Couchpotato March 4th, 2011 23:13

Delayed again what a surprise. The game is definitely cursed.:mwahaha:

Propheet March 4th, 2011 23:53

Yep, seems that way! Especially to the UK customers, who're… hey, you can still buy it from Ebay apparently, with no issue :P

Couchpotato March 5th, 2011 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Propheet (Post 1061054401)
Yep, seems that way! Especially to the UK customers, who're… hey, you can still buy it from Ebay apparently, with no issue :P

The box release was canceled in the US also. Topware let amazon sell the UK copy in the US and see what happened. People who imported it and bought it from gogamer were the smart ones. Really was no need to wait five months or more.

Propheet March 5th, 2011 00:40

Quote:

The box release was canceled in the US also.
News to me. Unless you mean PC box copies. Xbox360/PS3 released in the US with no problem* a while back.

*traditional meaning of the word doesn't apply.

Couchpotato March 5th, 2011 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Propheet (Post 1061054414)
News to me. Unless you mean PC box copies. Xbox360/PS3 released in the US with no problem* a while back.

*traditional meaning of the word doesn't apply.

Yes the pc release that southpeak was supposed to handle and failed at. The whole release was a lesson in how not to release a game.

Propheet March 5th, 2011 02:32

Ah, don't get me started on SP. They're the ones that caused all of that delay-after-delay thing. Topware didn't react better either, with radio silence up until the very last hour. SP relinquished/dropped their UK rights to release in January, but SP are also behind the delays from November 2010. Remember the "we want to ensure the best possible product is released" press release (presuming us in EU were to be getting a buggy game) followed by Topware's rebuttal? And then it turned out SP just wanted a "less crowded schedule"… And then constant shortages of copies then some lame excuses that the game's shipment's got wrecked.
One snafoo after another. It's not though a lesson on how to not release a game IMO. It's a lesson in how smaller publishers need to think about what they're trying to do. If they want to put the game on the markets, it's fine. If they want a game to be a leverage for their own financial problems (as seems to have been the case for SP), it's not fine. And each publisher should have a contingency plan obviously… Hard to believe that Topware, who're under the pretty wide umbrella of Zuxxez (you wouldn't believe how big those guys really are… tip of the iceberg :P), haven't had the possibility to handle UK after being handed UK publishing. Germany's not that far from UK right? :P

DoctorNarrative March 5th, 2011 04:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061054402)
People who imported it and bought it from gogamer were the smart ones. Really was no need to wait five months or more.

Indeed.

I waited for the US release and ended up getting the Royal Edition off amazon. It's a nice big box but the contents are all kind of meh, plus there is no freaking booklet for some reason. I kind of wish I had just spent $30 less and got the game months sooner.

Couchpotato March 5th, 2011 04:16

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative (Post 1061054450)
Indeed.

I waited for the US release and ended up getting the Royal Edition off amazon. It's a nice big box but the contents are all kind of meh, plus there is no freaking booklet for some reason. I kind of wish I had just spent $30 less and got the game months sooner.

You should take a look at the Crysis 2 Nano Edition available from the ea store.
Its sold out but cost cost $150. Cant say its worth the money but I'm sure others do. Most big blockbusters seem to come out in three editions.

Attachment 903

Quote:

The Crysis 2 Nano Edition is designed for the ultimate Crysis fan and will include the Limited Edition housed in a steel case plus an 11” / 28 cm statue of the game’s hero “Prophet” on top of a New York taxi cab, a high-quality art book, all packaged inside a backpack modeled after the Nanosuit itself.

DoctorNarrative March 5th, 2011 06:48

Yeah I considered that one but it's too rich for my blood and not very interesting. I like things like cloth maps, art books and lore-related things. Oblivion's Guide to the Empire book is like the perfect extra for me.

Melvil March 5th, 2011 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061054402)
The box release was canceled in the US also. Topware let amazon sell the UK copy in the US and see what happened. People who imported it and bought it from gogamer were the smart ones. Really was no need to wait five months or more.

were we the smart ones? game sucked

Gokyabgu March 5th, 2011 09:08

I was one of the lucky ones who could buy the game from Shopto. After a week Two Worlds 2 PC version dropped to preorder state suddenly, and after a while it was vanished from their database completely. Really a shame for such a decent product. The most funny part of this whole story is they have no real excuse for all that bullshit.

Dajjer March 7th, 2011 06:40

I wonder what is going to be in the UK release that is worth waiting for? After the so called shipping disaster in late January, I went a head and ordered the Euro version from GoGamer. The game is in English, I got a manual, and I got a nice map. And version 1.2 has a "look for updates" on the main screen. There is no need at all to wait for the UK version.

BTW, I just finished chap 1 at 48 hours and I'm loving the game.

rune_74 March 7th, 2011 10:22

Maybe they are fixing the god awful inventory system/quest screens. That's by far the biggest problem with the game.

crpgnut March 7th, 2011 14:58

I agree their setup is kinda bad, but since they let you redo the hotkeys, I'm able to get around it. I've got M, for map; L for logbook, I for inventory, etc. I didn't see the need for 5 keys for inventory. I just press I and then click on the needed tab. I could have used 20 hotkeys visible, instead of 10. 10 is too little in a game with tons of weapon/armor switching.

I can overlook this though, because I'm really enjoying the game play. The quests from the various factions overlap, so you'll be pleasing one group and ticking off another. It's very hard to keep thieves and merchants both happy, for instance. I have zero idea how to play the music minigames though, and the manual is quite terse. It seems to expect everyone to have played something called guitar hero….

Dajjer March 7th, 2011 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061054854)
. . . It seems to expect everyone to have played something called guitar hero….

<High Voice> Nailed it . . . . . </High Voice>

crpgnut March 7th, 2011 20:12

Hmmm, well I played the Nail it mini game in 2W2, but it didn't involve musical instruments :D

Dajjer March 7th, 2011 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061054904)
Hmmm, well I played the Nail it mini game in 2W2, but it didn't involve musical instruments :D

Wrong . . . .

#%*@ Flute . . . :biggrin:

Thrasher March 7th, 2011 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dajjer (Post 1061054804)
I wonder what is going to be in the UK release that is worth waiting for? After the so called shipping disaster in late January, I went a head and ordered the Euro version from GoGamer. The game is in English, I got a manual, and I got a nice map. And version 1.2 has a "look for updates" on the main screen. There is no need at all to wait for the UK version.

Except it is no longer available on GoGamer…

I am REALLY upset about all the european RPGs that are released without English box versions available: Drakensang: The River of Time, Dragon Knight Saga, and Two Worlds 2.

Not a happy camper. :(

Alrik Fassbauer March 7th, 2011 22:33

I can only guess that no publisher wants to release them boxed ?
I don't know. It puzzles me, too.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:05.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch