RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rampant Games - Indie News Roundup (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12868)

Dhruin March 10th, 2011 21:58

Rampant Games - Indie News Roundup

There's a new indie RPG roundup at Tales of the Rampant Coyote. Avadon, Planet Stronghold, Dungeon Legend, Dungeon Brawl, Din's Curse: Demon War and plenty more all get a mention. As usual, there are quite a few jRPGs but also some other discoveries - here's a snip on Dungeon Legend (and check out the video):
Quote:

A third-person dungeon-crawler made in Unity for Mac / PC, this game advertises turn-based combat. The video shows very satisfying dice-roll sounds when you search for loot. Itís due this summer, and is currently in alpha testing. This is a pretty exciting little development that looks awesome. Hopefully it will play as well as it looks.
More information.

GhanBuriGhan March 10th, 2011 21:58

Dungeon legend looks like it could be a fun diversion. Love the voiced description of the deadly… wait for it… rat :)
Looks Frayed Knights is also coming along nicely. Could this be a year with both excellent indies and major releases and only 15 days of vacation left? Arrgh…

rune_74 March 11th, 2011 01:41

Hmm I always love these reports I always seem to find a game that snuck through the cracks.

Thrasher March 11th, 2011 02:06

Yes, these reports are great!

RampantCoyote March 11th, 2011 04:27

I was kinda surprised this time about the relative dearth of jRPG-style games. Some months I feel like I should just call it the Indie jRPG and Friends News Round-Up. On the one hand, I'm pinching myself with glee over all the interesting western-style indie cRPGs recently released or in development. But then I think, "Oh, yeah, of course, THIS is the year I finally release Frayed Knights, and the competition comes outta the woodwork." *Sigh*

Still, I feel pretty comfortable with how FK is coming, mainly because it's pretty unique and stands out from all the competition pretty well.

So - overall - good stuff. Now just to find the time to PLAY!!!!

Saxon1974 March 11th, 2011 05:13

Dungeon Legend looks interesting enough to keep an eye on. The voices are pretty cheesy though.

Corwin March 11th, 2011 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RampantCoyote (Post 1061055859)
I was kinda surprised this time about the relative dearth of jRPG-style games. Some months I feel like I should just call it the Indie jRPG and Friends News Round-Up. On the one hand, I'm pinching myself with glee over all the interesting western-style indie cRPGs recently released or in development. But then I think, "Oh, yeah, of course, THIS is the year I finally release Frayed Knights, and the competition comes outta the woodwork." *Sigh*

Still, I feel pretty comfortable with how FK is coming, mainly because it's pretty unique and stands out from all the competition pretty well.

So - overall - good stuff. Now just to find the time to PLAY!!!!

PLAY!!!!! There's time to actually Play games?? I usually only have time to read about them!! :) Hey Jay, had a great idea- should I treat you like the big AAA companies and write my review of FK now so it's ready upon release??!! :D

blatantninja March 11th, 2011 13:30

Yeah, I need to figure out if there is a way I can exist without sleeping. I'm pretty sure that's the only way I'm going to have time to finish my backlog of games!

RampantCoyote March 11th, 2011 21:39

I'm already down to just 5 hours of sleep a night. Dunno if I could compress it any more than that.

Corwin - I love the idea, just need to brush up on my superlatives: "Fantastic!" "Orgasmic!" "Cosmic!" "Nutritious!" "Noisome!"

Uh, wait, what does "noisome" mean again…?

skavenhorde March 11th, 2011 21:57

Noisome means, "Rah Rah, ah ah ah, rah, ma, rahmamama, ga ga, oh la la la" Still love that song, but that part is rather noisome….which is a very good thing :D

Alrik Fassbauer March 11th, 2011 23:40

I only know Manamana.

;)