RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dungeon Siege 3 - Preorder Offers (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13138)

Dhruin April 9th, 2011 00:33

Dungeon Siege 3 - Preorder Offers

Dungeon Siege 3 is now available for preorder on Steam, with bonuses of the first two games. Looking around the other vendors to keep things fair, Gamersgate is offering 10% off and I couldn't see it on Impulse or Direct 2 Drive.
More information.

dagoo7 April 9th, 2011 00:33

Anyone know if the original DS thru steam will work with the ultima lazarus mod.?

Been waiting to play that one until someone finally came around with a digital download of the original DS game. Hopefully, can get ultima running and game somewhat more optimized for modern systems.

Jaesun April 9th, 2011 01:51

That's the big unknown question right now. I did let the U6P people know on their forums. Would be awesome of STEAM or Square Enix to give them a free copy to possibly test it with.

azarhal April 9th, 2011 02:47

Game require Steam to play.

Including retails and Gamersgate, at least they are nice enough to warn about the DRM, it's usually not written on the box.

JDR13 April 9th, 2011 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061062391)

Another reason I won't be buying it.

Jaesun April 9th, 2011 03:59

What is Gamersgate? And well ALL Steam games require steam to run. No surprise there.

A shame GOG couldn't have gotten this, for all the STEAM haters, ;)

JDR13 April 9th, 2011 04:05

Well of course I expect it to need Steam if it's downloaded from there, but not if it's the retail box version.

DoctorNarrative April 9th, 2011 04:55

Times like this I wish I could get over my box addiction, but I can't.

Jaesun April 9th, 2011 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061062396)
Well of course I expect it to need Steam if it's downloaded from there, but not if it's the retail box version.

The pre-order specifically states you get a boxed copy? Did I miss something?

JDR13 April 9th, 2011 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaesun (Post 1061062415)
The pre-order specifically states you get a boxed copy? Did I miss something?

My comment was about DS3 in general, not the pre-order specifically. Did you read azarhal's post?

DoctorNarrative April 9th, 2011 06:26

Some people who only buy games on Steam seem completely oblivious to the fact that Steam is often forced on those who don't.

If Steam was always optional I would never bitch about it.

kalniel April 9th, 2011 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative (Post 1061062417)
Some people who only buy games on Steam seem completely oblivious to the fact that Steam is often forced on those who don't.

If Steam was always optional I would never bitch about it.

Well I thought games were always optional :p

Jaesun April 9th, 2011 19:38

http://www.ultimaaiera.com/blog/dung…heres-a-catch/

Quote:

Woah, okay, I got it running. Automatic setup doesn’t seem to work, but just moving the files to their folders, it runs fine. So, yeah, it works on steam
One person has said The Ultima 6 Project seems to work so far with this steam version.

Roland April 10th, 2011 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061062391)

Including retails and Gamersgate, at least they are nice enough to warn about the DRM, it's usually not written on the box.

Having a hard time verifying this…

Not seeing it on any of the websites or box covers I can find for the game.

Do you perchance have a link?

Thx :)

Edit/update :

Well Gamersgate IS listing this:

DRM: Requires a 3rd party download and account

So it's like the Warhammer DOW II I guess, even the PC Retail version needs a STEAM account and logon to play….

Thanks for the heads up!

That's not an issue for me but good to know nonetheless ;)

(Might as well purchase through Steam then and get the earlier games too heh)

azarhal April 10th, 2011 14:11

DSIII isn't the first Square published game to use Steamwork either. It is the first to be sold digitally elsewhere then Steam though. I call this an improvement, before Steamwork games were Steam exclusive for digital version.

There's a lot of chance that Deus Ex: Human Revolution will use it as well, despite there being no confirmations either.

MysterD April 11th, 2011 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaesun (Post 1061062395)
What is Gamersgate? And well ALL Steam games require steam to run. No surprise there.

A shame GOG couldn't have gotten this, for all the STEAM haters, ;)

Gamersgate is Paradox's digital distribution store.

MysterD April 11th, 2011 05:11

Quote:

I'm sure it's easier for dev's and publishers [and costs less, too] to have on the PC just one Steam version to patch w/ one DRM (Steam)…
as opposed to say having a Steam-version and rest are Non-Steam versions.

Some games bought at Retail that actually do require Steam:
Saints Row 2, FEAR 2, Fallout: New Vegas, DOW2 + Expansions, anything Valve does [obviously], Dark Messiah [MP portion requires Steam, while SP gives you the option of Steam or Non-Steam], AVP 2010, Kane & Lynch 2, Sup Com 2, etc.

And yes, the list is growing.

ChienAboyeur April 11th, 2011 11:29

Liked DS and DS2. Was unconvinced by DS3. Digital distribution version only makes the decision easy.

Eisberg April 11th, 2011 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur (Post 1061062712)
Liked DS and DS2. Was unconvinced by DS3. Digital distribution version only makes the decision easy.

Physical version being released as well, you can pre-order it at Gamestop, Bestbuy, Walmart for physical version.

Eisberg April 11th, 2011 15:27

Quote:

Steamworks is also a DRM method. I don't like DRM, but if a game has it, I would rather it being Steamworks.