RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   RPGWatch (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reading the site for years (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13208)

Theartofvincent April 18th, 2011 17:06

Reading the site for years
 
Hello everyone

I've been reading this site daily for years, so it's a part of my routine. It's gotten to the point I feel kind of shiesty for not contributing.. something? So greetings from a stealth RPGWATCH perv, I'm stepping out from the shadows.

April 18th, 2011 17:32

*pibbur is partially blinded but after a while able to see the newcomer*

Welcome!!!

And since I'm apparently the first to say hello, I greet you in the old traditionaøl Ultima Dragons way, by throwing an imaginary pie at you.

*SPLUT*

Theartofvincent April 18th, 2011 17:42

; - )

What are some of your favorite RPG'S?

April 18th, 2011 17:48

Mine are:

1. Planescape: Torment
2. Ultima 7, Ultima 7.5
3. Morrowind
3. The Avernum series
3. Wizardry 8
3. Worlds of Ultima: Martian Dreams
3. Might and Magic 4&5
3. Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines
9. Fallout 3
10 Oblivion

Theartofvincent April 18th, 2011 17:56

Ooh I have played and loved all of those except Avernum (have not played).

I like, in no particular order

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
Warlords Battlecry 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Mass Effect 2
Legends of Might and Magic
Divine Divinity
Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga
The Witcher
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout 2 (favorite)
Hellgate: London
Evil Islands
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Vampire: Bloodlines
Gothic 2
Everquest
Diablo 2
Arcanum
Arx Fatalis
STALKER
Oblivion
Risen

Warmark April 18th, 2011 18:04

Welcome Theartofvincent!

It's a great place to hang out if you like RPG's.
I like your list, it has about 3/4's of my favorites on it also.

Relayer April 18th, 2011 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theartofvincent (Post 1061063997)
Ooh I have played and loved all of those except Avernum (have not played).

I like, in no particular order

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
Warlords Battlecry 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Legends of Might and Magic
Divine Divinity
Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga
The Witcher
Fallout: New Vegas
Hellgate: London
Evil Islands
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Vampire: Bloodlines
Gothic 2
Everquest
Diablo 2
Arcanum
Arx Fatalis
STALKER
Oblivion


You know, that was a good list… until Oblivion! Now get out!!!

:) JK. Welcome.

Thrasher April 18th, 2011 19:15

Welcome! That's a good list. I think U7 is going to be my next game to play. :)

April 18th, 2011 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relayer (Post 1061064008)
You know, that was a good list… until Oblivion! Now get out!!!

Hah! And this from a Telecaster lover! :)

Pibbur who atm is replaying Oblivion, although this time under the influence of OOO.

Jaz April 18th, 2011 20:13

Welcome, shiny. Have fun :gorath:.

Out of your list, I played… umm…

Warlords Battlecry 2
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Gothic 2
Diablo 2
Arx Fatalis
Oblivion.

Currently playing Dawn of Magic 2 and Viva Pinata, if that counts :p.

Theartofvincent April 18th, 2011 22:37

Well thanks for the warm welcoming all, definitely a lot of commonalities between our beloved games. I have some days off after work tonight, so I'll get to perusing the forums in a tish!

Roi Danton April 19th, 2011 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaz (Post 1061064020)
Welcome, shiny. Have fun :gorath:.

Out of your list, I played… umm…

Warlords Battlecry 2
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Gothic 2
Diablo 2
Arx Fatalis
Oblivion.

Currently playing Dawn of Magic 2 and Viva Pinata, if that counts :p.

Is Dawn of Magic any good?

Jaz April 19th, 2011 08:22

It's very actiony, with a heavy focus on magic.
If you manage to pull through to the see world after the tutorial (and get over the language-related bug/translation error stuff), it's rather entertainingly Diablo-ish.

I like the fact that your character's visuals change depending on the type of magic you focus upon (in your spellbook, not the type of magic actually used - though that has minor effects on character visuals as well). For example, if your char is well-balanced, looks will remain regular, but if s/he's clearly focused on Earth magic, s/he will sprout horns etc.

Roi Danton April 19th, 2011 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaz (Post 1061064155)
It's very actiony, with a heavy focus on magic.
If you manage to pull through to the see world after the tutorial (and get over the language-related bug/translation error stuff), it's rather entertainingly Diablo-ish.

I like the fact that your character's visuals change depending on the type of magic you focus upon (in your spellbook, not the type of magic actually used - though that has minor effects on character visuals as well). For example, if your char is well-balanced, looks will remain regular, but if s/he's clearly focused on Earth magic, s/he will sprout horns etc.

Ah, thanks. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime in the future.

Alrik Fassbauer April 21st, 2011 10:39

Hello @ Theartofvincent !

Ah, nice, another AOW fan ! :)

Theartofvincent April 21st, 2011 17:04

(adds a few more titles to list)

I've always considered Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic to be more tactically advanced than the Heroes of Might and Magic series, yet both titles yield the same level of fun. And for the same reason I praise AOW, I also turn to Might and Magic more often. AOW is like chess and HOMM like checkers ;-) It just depends on how much I want to work my brain.

Alrik Fassbauer April 21st, 2011 19:52

Yes, I have always thought of it in a similar way.
I was a fan (and silently still are) for a very long time … I did some translations of unit descriptions into the German language for one of the first unofficial patches (don't know in which state they are with it right now).

JDR13 April 21st, 2011 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasher (Post 1061064014)
Welcome! That's a good list. I think U7 is going to be my next game to play. :)

I plan on playing through U7 sometime this year. I've actually been playing it recently, but stopped short of attempting a full playthough due to having so many games on my plate right now.

I've heard U7 is pretty long, and I already plan on replaying The Witcher before TW2 is released. Right now I'm about to start playing Realms of the Haunting.

Thrasher April 21st, 2011 22:04

That's another on my to play list. :)

aries100 April 22nd, 2011 17:46

Welcome to the forums - I hope you'll enjoy your stay :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:43.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch