RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Witcher 2 - Roundup #3 (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13653)

Dhruin May 16th, 2011 14:29

The Witcher 2 - Roundup #3
 
Here's a small collection of Witcher 2 items, mostly sent in by Zohaib.
First, the NeoGAF forums list four early, international reviews. I can't check most of them, so take these on face value.
  • CD-Action - 9.5/10
  • PC-Action - Very Good
  • Pelite Magazine - 93%
  • JeuxVideo Magazine - 19/20
SegmentNext has:
Ripten looks at the "Uber" graphics settings.
More information.

joxer May 16th, 2011 14:29

I know why it's 9.5 and not 10, why 93% and not 100% and why 19 instead of 20.

They didn't have the test machine good enough to enable UberSampling! ;)

Propheet May 16th, 2011 15:01

If you want to see something more than just rip-offs from the game manual (uninformed&not based on any actual gameplay), check this instead:

Fraper May 16th, 2011 16:39

To bad there are a loot of issues with starting the game for CE users. First the patch was unavaible for few hours and then it ocuured that the game doesnt want to start at all or that CD keys do not work. Source ? The Witcher community board.

Remus May 16th, 2011 16:50

CD-Action:

Quote:

CD Projekt RED has created an RPG game, quality of which is matched only by Mass Effect 2
That sound bad…;)

Fraper May 16th, 2011 16:57

Dont mind CDAction review, it was a terrible review done by someone who doesnt have a slight idea wth is an RPG game and i wouldnt be suprised for even an Half Life 2 comparysion from them ;)

Twotricks May 16th, 2011 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraper (Post 1061069522)
To bad there are a loot of issues with starting the game for CE users. First the patch was unavaible for few hours and then it ocuured that the game doesnt want to start at all or that CD keys do not work. Source ? The Witcher community board.

What? The game is released tommorow. How come they are allready playing ?

Fraper May 16th, 2011 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twotricks (Post 1061069528)
What? The game is released tommorow. How come they are allready playing ?

Owners of Polish CE start one day earlier

Twotricks May 16th, 2011 18:17

btw there is a patch allready

Motoki May 16th, 2011 18:29

They are apparently promising a "unique gift" for holders of the collector's edition who experienced problems activating. I hope that extends to all CE users and not just the Polish ones. :p

Malkavian May 16th, 2011 19:03

My game hasn't even shipped yet… I'm still hoping for Wednesday maybe… The waiting is like torture by now. :P

DoctorNarrative May 16th, 2011 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkavian (Post 1061069535)
My game hasn't even shipped yet… I'm still hoping for Wednesday maybe… The waiting is like torture by now. :P

If you did amazon's 99cent release-day delivery it should ship tonight sometime and deliver tomorrow. I use it all the time.

If you bought somewhere else disregard ;)

spiraling69 May 16th, 2011 19:24

Game length is 24 hours? That seems a little light. I hope the reviewer means 24 hours to complete the main quest line. I was under the impression that it's roughly the size of the first game, 40-60 hours…

Couchpotato May 16th, 2011 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiraling69 (Post 1061069541)
Game length is 24 hours? That seems a little light. I hope the reviewer means 24 hours to complete the main quest line. I was under the impression that it's roughly the size of the first game, 40-60 hours…

Its all how you play the game really. Are you person who has to complete everything or do you rush through the main quest.

Motoki May 16th, 2011 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative (Post 1061069537)
If you did amazon's 99cent release-day delivery it should ship tonight sometime and deliver tomorrow. I use it all the time.

If you bought somewhere else disregard ;)

My CE from Amazon claims it was shipped already. Fed Ex overnight out of Kansas.

skavenhorde May 16th, 2011 20:46

My GoG download is almost all set to go. I got a little over a hundred megabytes to download when they release it.

I broke down and bought the download. I'll grab the CE later as well. I'm not passing on that huge bust of Geralt. My painting reflexes have been twitching ever since I saw that. It'll be my first bust I've painted. Wonder how bad it'll look :D

I still would have preferred a dice box. That would have been the best CE EVAR!!!, but hey the sculpture isn't that bad either.

Motoki May 16th, 2011 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by skavenhorde (Post 1061069553)
My GoG download is almost all set to go. I got a little over a hundred megabytes to download when they release it.

I broke down and bought the download. I'll grab the CE later as well. I'm not passing on that huge bust of Geralt. My painting reflexes have been twitching ever since I saw that. It'll be my first bust I've painted. Wonder how bad it'll look :D

You should post a picture once you have it all painted. I'm way too afraid to mess with mine after spending so much on the CE. I think I may put it on a shelf next to the Two Worlds II Cassara statuette and see what other crazy game knick knacks I can accumulate.

DoctorNarrative May 16th, 2011 21:01

I just got the premium edition. The main things I like in CEs are maps, books and soundtracks. All of that stuff is in the premium edition except for the art book, which on its own is not worth $80.

Kefka May 16th, 2011 21:07

International are mostly meaningless to me, anything from Germany even more so. Europeans taste seem to differ alot from Americans. There can be quite a different in average score between European reviews and U.S ones(and I almost always find my self agreeing with the U.S ones, TW2 for example).

JDR13 May 16th, 2011 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by skavenhorde (Post 1061069553)
I broke down and bought the download. I'll grab the CE later as well. I'm not passing on that huge bust of Geralt. My painting reflexes have been twitching ever since I saw that. It'll be my first bust I've painted. Wonder how bad it'll look :D

I got the GOG version as well, and I also plan to buy a retail version later, but I'm gonna pass on the CE.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:30.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch