RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   M&M: Heroes VI - Beta Starts, Anniversary Trailer (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14096)

Dhruin June 29th, 2011 09:39

M&M: Heroes VI - Beta Starts, Anniversary Trailer

News via Blues that the Might & Magic: Heroes VI beta starts today, for those that preordered. They also note the franchise celebrates 25 years this year, with Might & Magic Book 1: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum released in 1986 on the Apple II. Ubisoft has a trailer for the occasion, which shows some sample footage from selected titles over the years (and quite a bit of footage from Ubisoft's latter titles).
More information.

ikbenrichard June 29th, 2011 09:40

Did get a beta key (won at tweakers.net) but dont have to time play.
Perhaps tonight i hope. Otherwise i might give my key to one of you guys..

DArtagnan June 29th, 2011 10:27

Hope it's better than the last one…

ikbenrichard June 29th, 2011 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061078164)

Me too. I am in deseprate need of a TB game. playing M&m VII now to get that old school feeling once more.

DArtagnan June 29th, 2011 12:18

I love the HoMM series (1-4), but I honestly doubt they can recapture the charm of the old games. I use the word charm deliberately, as I think that may be THE factor making the old games so great. Sadly, it also seems to be the most overlooked factor in these new games, though I've yet to see HoMMVI in action.

wolfing June 29th, 2011 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061078164)

I liked HoMM 5 a lot. A hell of a lot more than HoMM 4 for sure. It's my second in the series after the gem that was HoMM 3.

ikbenrichard June 29th, 2011 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfing (Post 1061078207)
I liked HoMM 5 a lot. A hell of a lot more than HoMM 4 for sure. It's my second in the series after the gem that was HoMM 3.

Didnt found HoMM 5 that bad either. But then again, i tried to play it few months back and after 20min i stopped to never return. Guess my view on games has changed ;)

vidder June 29th, 2011 17:31

For me Kings Bounty broke HOMM5.
The combat in HOMM5 looks so bland and boring after playing Kings Bounty.

Ryder June 29th, 2011 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidder (Post 1061078239)
For me Kings Bounty broke HOMM5.
The combat in HOMM5 looks so bland and boring after playing Kings Bounty.

Amen to that. I finally had a pc good enough to play H5 properly so started again. A month later KB:TL was released and I never returned.

I do like that video, lots of good memories there.

Gokyabgu June 30th, 2011 00:10

If Ubisoft really want to celebrate the 25. anniversary of the M&M franchise, then it must announce a true M&M game. A true single player RPG that gives the old M&M feel and gameplay. Not some DS game with spiky haired characters, or action game or some multiplayer game.