RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dungeons of Dredmor - Now Available (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14222)

skavenhorde July 13th, 2011 22:04

Dungeons of Dredmor - Now Available

The wait is finally over with for the roguelike Dungeons of Dredmor. It is available from Steam right now. You can get it from Steam for a little less than five dollars. That's about the same price as a venti cafe mocha from Starbucks.
For those of you who don't remember Dredmor is a roguelike game that offers a great dungeon romp to kill the big bad Lord Dredmor. Jay Barnson wrote a great preview for it and you could also check out my preview. I tried to cover most of the technical aspects of the game. I'm sure they have changed a few things since the last time Jay or I played, but the previews should give you a genereal idea on what the game is about.
More information.

Thanks, Drithius for posting a comment about it's release in the forums.

skavenhorde July 13th, 2011 22:05

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Finally the wait is over with so once again WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

shaf July 13th, 2011 22:10

I just got it, always willing to support an Indie especially RPGs and Roguelikes.
Now I want the Next ToME 4.0 Beta, Driftmoon Alpha, and Desktop Dungeon.

epithumia July 13th, 2011 22:16

Bought, played for a few minutes, broke the tutorial. Ah, well. Looks like it will be a good bit of fun and certainly worth $4.50.

getter77 July 13th, 2011 22:56

Meh, went ahead and jumped in just now in lieu of waiting for another DD platform. it will likely be a good while before I have the time and frame of mind to take a crack at it though.

Great things should come of this post-release methinks.

Twotricks July 13th, 2011 23:14

Yay! Finally!

1 second instant purchase , and didnt regret it at all !

LOVE IT!!!

Sin July 14th, 2011 04:54

I've had 2 random crashes to desktop in 3 hours play, but apart from that it's great fun.

Melvil July 14th, 2011 05:39

Great game, got owned by a Monster Zoo on level 2 after carefully exploring and perfecting my craft. What to try next? Sneaky thief type was really fun.

Santos July 14th, 2011 07:42

Well, I got a Steam account for this (reluctantly), but I had to support what looks like a great game at an unbelievable price. Here's hoping that this starts a trend.

Twotricks July 14th, 2011 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin (Post 1061080743)
I've had 2 random crashes to desktop in 3 hours play, but apart from that it's great fun.

Yep same for me , sadly

GhanBuriGhan July 14th, 2011 09:27

I started playing for some minutes yesterday, not enough to give any impressions - A tutorial was mentioned, but I didn't see any further tutorial messages? Do I need to somehow "start" the tutorial?

Dhruin July 14th, 2011 09:45

I had the same situation - it's out of the main game on listed on the main menu.

ikbenrichard July 14th, 2011 10:06

waiting for a review. Till then Might-Magic VII it is :D

SirJames July 14th, 2011 12:43

Hey, skaven… Both those links 404 for me. /shrug

GhanBuriGhan July 14th, 2011 13:26

Dungeons is currently listed as #1 topseller on steam. Not sure what that means right after the summer sale and on day 1 after release, but I guess it still means they are doing pretty well, and the longer they stay on that list, the more sales it will get them.

skavenhorde July 14th, 2011 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirJames (Post 1061080812)
Hey, skavenů Both those links 404 for me. /shrug

Jay's site is down right now. I can't get to the homepage or those links either. It's happened before and should be back up pretty soon.

Naked Ninja July 15th, 2011 09:29

Played last night, lost track of time, a great sign :D

I'm interested in the roguelike genre but generally turned off by the ascii art and poor interfaces. So Dredmor is great stuff. And I really like how many build varieties there are, lots of replayability.

GhanBuriGhan July 15th, 2011 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naked Ninja (Post 1061080980)
Played last night, lost track of time, a great sign :D

I'm interested in the roguelike genre but generally turned off by the ascii art and poor interfaces. So Dredmor is great stuff. And I really like how many build varieties there are, lots of replayability.

You need to update your sig, Gareth ;)