RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Witcher 2 - Official Forums Relaunched (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14395)

Dhruin August 1st, 2011 23:52

The Witcher 2 - Official Forums Relaunched

Wow, that took a while. CD Projekt finally has official forums back up again.
More information.

Motoki August 1st, 2011 23:52

Yeah I noticed that today. Only took 2 1/2 months. :p

On the positive side though, it looks like they managed to import the posts from the old forum or at least some of them because browsing through the new forum I noticed a lot of old posts.

DoctorNarrative August 2nd, 2011 00:14

Just in time to hear bitching about the Xbox delay.

JDR13 August 2nd, 2011 01:04

I didn't even realize they had been down all this time. 2 1/2 months is pretty much unheard of. CDP should be embarrassed.

Couchpotato August 2nd, 2011 02:46

The delay is more than likely the fault of Namco Bandai and there upcoming legal battle.

Tragos August 2nd, 2011 09:22

Good news forums are back, bad news i have nothing to bitch about :(

kalniel August 2nd, 2011 10:24

I think all developers should hide the forums in the first month or two after a game's release - it'll reduce the amount of vitriol on the internet significantly!

Alrik Fassbauer August 2nd, 2011 14:06

I agree.

The very first few months are so much full of hatred -

- but then, support questions would also get lost …

kalniel August 2nd, 2011 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer (Post 1061084375)
- but then, support questions would also get lost

Well they should have a support system aside from forums - proper systems allow for ticket tracking etc. as well, which forums don't. The main thing you miss is the common problems type thing - if there's a quirk to how to progress or a community derived workaround for a problem that's not been (or able to be) made official yet.

But those kind of things can be found on non-official community forums (along with the hatred, I guess :p)

Motoki August 2nd, 2011 19:29

There was a lot of stuff on that old forum that was lost when it went down. Most Witcher 1 mods were there. Some of them you could only get there. I made my play through of the first game during that time and there was a fan mod that fixed a certain broken part of a quest that I wasn't able to get. There were also fan translations of some of Sapowski's works that haven't been officially released in English yet.

I haven't really checked extensively yet but I do hope they managed to get all that stuff back up. There's a lot that goes in forums. Sure there's bitching, but there's creativity too. Plus the developer's forums for better or worse are always going to be the central hub to a game's community. If you take that away I think you lose something.