RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Skyrim - Map Revealed (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15031)

Dhruin October 11th, 2011 02:11

Skyrim - Map Revealed

Russian fan site ElderScrolls.net has a map of the Skyrim gameworld with the various cities marked…in Russian. Meanwhile, VG247 has an apparently new batch of half a dozen screens.
More information.

Moriendor October 11th, 2011 02:11

A translated version of the map can be found right here.

spiraling69 October 11th, 2011 03:06

what do you think those little "x" represent on the map? Old battle sites?

JuliusMagnus October 11th, 2011 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiraling69 (Post 1061097426)
what do you think those little "x" represent on the map? Old battle sites?

I've at least counted 15 crossess.

My guess is they are shrine locations.

Oblivion had 15 Daedric Shrines.

In this same RPGWatch news post there was a link to new screenshots including one depicting a shrine ot Azura:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/10/batc…shots/skyrrim/

The size of the statue has gone up a notch.

I think the idea is that seeing as Daedra worship is not accepted by the empire, someone has annonated the shrine locations on the official map with crosses, because naming them would out him/her as daedra worshipper.

Although it is possible they are locations of other types of shrines (Nordic) or even those stones that give you a boost, like in the video where they were the Warrior, Thief and Mage stone.

Khalus October 11th, 2011 04:27

Meh, I knew what Skyrim looked like back when Arena released, and the map of the whole world was given in the box!

Damnit Bethesda, show us the PC ver already…

Motoki October 11th, 2011 04:55

I was kind of hoping for Soltsheim. Oh well.

KapitanUnterhosen October 11th, 2011 09:01

Isn't Riverwood that tiny little village with half a dozen wooden cots we've seen in the previews?

There's 7 of those and then just 5 "cities"? That's it? Sounds like it's going to be even emptier than oblivion.

kalniel October 11th, 2011 09:34

Pretty bad map, not much better than Oblivion. Bring back Morrowind's map style please!

ikbenrichard October 11th, 2011 09:36

I Agree with yu kalniel, nevertheless, it gets me all excited !

guenthar October 11th, 2011 10:28

I didn't see a Riverwood on that map and I counted 15 settlements 5 cities, 3 towns, and 7 villages.

DoctorNarrative October 11th, 2011 11:34

I miss Morrowind's awesome illustrated map.

KapitanUnterhosen October 11th, 2011 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by guenthar (Post 1061097478)
I didn't see a Riverwood on that map

Straight south of Whiterun.

pibbur0x2a October 11th, 2011 12:06

Heh, a lot of marketing hype, all these (exponentially growing) pieces of information as we approach release date. Reminds me of the release of WOW.Cataclysm.

I love it.

says pibbur who'd like to remain himself and everyone else that he has stopped playing WOW.

GothicGothicness October 11th, 2011 12:43

C:celebrate:on:celebrate:gra:celebrate:tul:celebra te:atio:celebrate:ns Pibbur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intereting this made me find a bug in the forum software the :celebrate : should be a smiley….

Bateman October 11th, 2011 12:50

Oooooh, wolf-clan, bear-clan and horsemen! Now we have all the stereotypical communities from G3 and LotR combined. Exciting … not.

Of all the standard crpg-landscapes (woodlands, jungle, desert, snowy) the snow-areas I always found to be the most boring ones, by a big margin. How they could make a whole game around it is beyond me. Well maybe it's just personal taste.

kalniel October 11th, 2011 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bateman (Post 1061097501)
Of all the standard crpg-landscapes (woodlands, jungle, desert, snowy) the snow-areas I always found to be the most boring ones, by a big margin. How they could make a whole game around it is beyond me. Well maybe it's just personal taste.

Snow can be beautiful. Icewind Dale was beautiful, snow in Daggerfall was relatively beautiful. But it can be bad as well - like Oblivion's snowy areas. I fear the worst in that respect, but we'll see.

Alrik Fassbauer October 11th, 2011 13:29

IWD & Daggerfall was 2D, Oblivion is 3D. Notice something ?

By the way, the x reminds me of "x is where the treasure is" … Maybe there's (again) an artifact to be assembled ? Pieces to be found ?

rich ruffo October 11th, 2011 14:39

Nothing special.Im more excited with what SUREAI will do with that space.

Bateman October 11th, 2011 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalniel (Post 1061097504)
Snow can be beautiful. Icewind Dale was beautiful, snow in Daggerfall was relatively beautiful. But it can be bad as well - like Oblivion's snowy areas. I fear the worst in that respect, but we'll see.

Right. Fallout's Ancorage was really hard to look at without getting eye cancer though. Or maybe it was just the quest.

Menigal October 11th, 2011 16:43

Pretty dull map. I know it would require actually putting in some effort, but it would have been nice if they'd listened to people and made it even a bit more Morrowindish.

And I do hope they've got lots of non-snowy areas. A few could be alright, but snow-lands are only slightly better than water-levels in games.