RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Buy Britannia Manor II! (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15129)

Dhruin October 19th, 2011 23:35

Buy Britannia Manor II!
 
It seems Richard Garriott has Britannia Manor II on the market, according to this Remax online listing. For only $4.1M, you can get the 4790 sq ft house with its own observatory on nearly 4 acres of land.
Unfortunately, only 3 bedrooms rules me out…
More information.

Drithius October 19th, 2011 23:35

Estimated Taxes 58770.0 :(

Riddam October 20th, 2011 02:32

It's still worthy of cosideration.

Moorkh October 20th, 2011 03:20

You pay taxes for owning a house? Where I live I pay less taxes for owning one (thanks to mortgages)…

Vindicator October 20th, 2011 03:33

Only $4.1 million for Britannia Manor?
I've got to have it!! I need to start saving now… only $4,097,800 dollars to go.

BTW… why didn't Remax post pics of the dungeon/torture room and the last resting place of Pedro? While some people have skeletons in their closet, Richard Garriott keeps his human corpse in the coffin in his basement.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/16086…tml#id=1564231

Zloth October 20th, 2011 04:32

OMG! That's near I-35, which goes right near my home! I live just up the street from Lord British! (Well… two states up the street…)

I would buy it but there would be way too much dusting to do.

skavenhorde October 20th, 2011 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vindicator (Post 1061099922)
Only $4.1 million for Britannia Manor?
I've got to have it!! I need to start saving now… only $4,097,800 dollars to go.

BTW… why didn't Remax post pics of the dungeon/torture room and the last resting place of Pedro? While some people have skeletons in their closet, Richard Garriott keeps his human corpse in the coffin in his basement.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/16086…tml#id=1564231

Do you know of any other videos of the house? That one has that lovely "not available in your region" message.

Tiny Rant BEGIN:

When are corporations going to get with the program and realize that the internet has no oceans or boundries? Comdey Central realized this years ago and I love them for that.

END of tiny rant :cool:

Saxon1974 October 20th, 2011 06:21

Don't know why but this makes me a little sad..

Is it his new wife that is making him sell it? :)

I looked through the pictures and thought about him dreaming up Ultima plots.

They should turn it into a museum or something.

Capt. Huggy Face October 20th, 2011 06:52

Was the place up for sale when he did that MTV Cribs show, or whatever that vid was? I'm sure he thought his magnetic hiding places were cool and all, but it's kind of stupid to show off where you have your safe. :p

Edit: I couldn't find the exact same vid, Skaven, but here are two others. The first focuses on the hidden spaces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM109_EbMcs

The second points out of few oddities and examples of the macabre in his collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasXNb4UPnQ

Melvil October 20th, 2011 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zloth (Post 1061099926)
OMG! That's near I-35, which goes right near my home! I live just up the street from Lord British! (Well… two states up the street…)

I would buy it but there would be way too much dusting to do.

Actually, it's right off of loop 360, I lived down the street from the old boy for about a year and would occasionally drive past the house just to check it out. I have a friend from High School now working for Garriot, and he actually got to go to a few parties inside the damn house, lucky bastard.

Melvil October 20th, 2011 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxon1974 (Post 1061099938)
Don't know why but this makes me a little sad..

Is it his new wife that is making him sell it? :)

I looked through the pictures and thought about him dreaming up Ultima plots.

They should turn it into a museum or something.

I think it is the cost of maintaining two huge houses, his other castle is like a medieval fortress.

Bedwyr October 20th, 2011 08:27

What is the other one? I thought #3 was the unfinished one.

skavenhorde October 20th, 2011 08:32

Thanks Huggy.

Looking at the vids this quote comes to mind, "It's good to be the king." :cool:

holeraw October 20th, 2011 09:43

$4,100,000 ? He's not going to make any money that way.
I'm not saying that he should sell it for one dollar but I'm certain that he he could sell a lot more manors if he charged $10 - $15 for each.

lostforever October 20th, 2011 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drithius (Post 1061099878)
Estimated Taxes 58770.0 :(

wow thats cheap! In UK the tax for buying a house over 1m is 5% so you will pay 205k!!!!

You Americans are lucky bastards :)

JDR13 October 20th, 2011 11:23

For that price, it better have a Shrine of Virtue in the backyard. :)

blatantninja October 20th, 2011 14:28

Well I was planning on moving back to Austin anyway….

blatantninja October 20th, 2011 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostforever (Post 1061099970)
wow thats cheap! In UK the tax for buying a house over 1m is 5% so you will pay 205k!!!!

You Americans are lucky bastards :)

That's not the sales tax (there is none in Texas), that's the ANNUAL property tax bill. Not so cheap.

crpgnut October 20th, 2011 15:57

Hmmm, my company has offices down in Texas. Is it near Houston or Borger?

JDR13 October 20th, 2011 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061100047)
Is it near Houston or Borger?

It's in Austin. The exact address is in the listing Dhruin linked to.

*Edit* If you're asking which of those cities it's closer to, it would be Houston. About a 3 hour drive.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:07.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch