RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Skyrim - Unlocks Midnight (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15249)

Dhruin October 31st, 2011 14:25

Skyrim - Unlocks Midnight

Apparently the Steam countdown for Skyrim is off for some people, so CountChocula sends in this twitter confirmation from Pete Hines they intend to unlock at 12:01:
Quote:

@Nitelust Our plan is 12:01 am est. Dunno why the clock differs. But that is our plan still. I'll check on it.
More information.

CountChocula October 31st, 2011 14:25

It seems Pete Hines posted another tweet indicating the game will unlock at 12:01am in each individual time zone.

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/statu…10428202360832

I have never heard of Steam doing something like that with dozens of different unlock times, so it seems more likely that it will turn out to be 12:01am EST. This was precisely the time that RAGE unlocked (12:01am EST / 9:01pm PST for US/Canada).

However, I suppose it is also possible Bethesda made some sort of unprecedented special arrangement with Valve to have the Skyrim unlock at 12:01am in every individual time zone, as indicated in the subsequent tweet above.

skavenhorde October 31st, 2011 14:26

That's odd, but pretty cool if I was getting this through Steam. I'm waaayyyy ahead of most of you guys :) Except for the Australians here.

DArtagnan October 31st, 2011 14:38

I've tried to ignore all the recent videos and hype…. But my vacation is planned, and I expect to be fully immersed when this game is out.

Thaurin October 31st, 2011 14:49

And I expect first impressions from everyone as soon as possible!!

Twotricks October 31st, 2011 16:09

But in 11 days from now or ?

You are giving impressions like its today ?!

Gragnak October 31st, 2011 16:16

We are talking about the download thing, right?
The game will be unlocked on11-11-11 right?
No way to play it before?

DArtagnan October 31st, 2011 16:39

Not legally, unless you've got a review copy.

Gragnak October 31st, 2011 16:46

I intend legally, yes.
Anyway, I'll wait the gamers reviews on this forum before buying it.

Oblivion was such a delusion…

Twotricks October 31st, 2011 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gragnak (Post 1061102470)
I intend legally, yes.
Anyway, I'll wait the gamers reviews on this forum before buying it.

Oblivion was such a delusion…

Yep….
Gotta resist the temptation :S

xSamhainx October 31st, 2011 18:02

I wasnt gonna, but I think I'm going to have to.
All the cool kids are going to be doing it.

wolfgrimdark October 31st, 2011 18:46

Just ordered on Steam. Since its a 3-day weekend for me this was good news. Been a few years since I was this excited about a game! Takes 20 years off me :-)

crpgnut October 31st, 2011 19:18

Like Dart, I've got vacation set aside for Skyrim. I work Friday, 11-11, but I'm off the whole following week. Should be able to get a hundred hours in if I play my cards right.

Carnifex October 31st, 2011 19:19

I'm praying it doesn't suck. After the letdown that was DA2, we need something good!! My pc will actually get a workout, as the spiderweb games don't really push the envelope too far on computer reqs, but man, they do make some sweet rpg's!!!

-Carn

aardz October 31st, 2011 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by skavenhorde (Post 1061102436)
That's odd, but pretty cool if I was getting this through Steam. I'm waaayyyy ahead of most of you guys :) Except for the Australians here.

Well, you ARE getting it through Steam. If I understand correctly it's a Steamworks game, so even if you were getting the boxed game early, there's no way to play it.
For those of us getting a boxed copy, the disc is little more than a token.
I find this a bit frustrating.

Alrik Fassbauer October 31st, 2011 20:11

11:11 in the morning on 11-11 is the traditional time when the "official beginning" of German's Carnival is being declared - I'm surprised they didn't use that time ! ;)

spiraling69 October 31st, 2011 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twotricks (Post 1061102472)
Yep….
Gotta resist the temptation :S

you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but you guys are joking, right? I just don't see how it will be so bad that it would warrant a pass. If you are a true RPG fan then it should be an easy decision, and you would have pre-ordered it already.

waiting for a review from the peeps here before buying are for games like Legend of Grimrock and other indie games. Holding off on Skyrim? Really?

spiraling69 October 31st, 2011 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark (Post 1061102504)
Just ordered on Steam. Since its a 3-day weekend for me this was good news. Been a few years since I was this excited about a game! Takes 20 years off me :-)

I feel the same as you. It's been a long time since I felt like this about a game and it makes me feel like a kid again. Priceless! I look at it as more than just playing a video game, it's a hobby.

sakichop October 31st, 2011 22:28

I won't have my copy by then anyway. I must have a boxed copy.

fadedc October 31st, 2011 22:33

Well for myself I don't think I have ever loved a TES game. I didn't even buy oblivion, I liked Morrowind but I definitely had a lot of issues with it, and I thought Daggerfall was a total train wreck. I did think that Arena was pretty good for the time though.

With that being said I may still get Skyrim when it first comes out just so I can form my own opinion on it. I'm sure I will get at least some entertainment value from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiraling69 (Post 1061102556)
you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but you guys are joking, right? I just don't see how it will be so bad that it would warrant a pass. If you are a true RPG fan then it should be an easy decision, and you would have pre-ordered it already.

waiting for a review from the peeps here before buying are for games like Legend of Grimrock and other indie games. Holding off on Skyrim? Really?