RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Risen 2 - Captain Steelbeard Bio (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15639)

Dhruin December 9th, 2011 00:56

Risen 2 - Captain Steelbeard Bio

There's a short bio for Captain Steelbeard from Risen 2 over at TeamXbox. A sample:
Quote:

Captain Gregorius Emanuel Steelbeard is an old-school pirate: a man of honour with no manners. With his crew and his ship, the ‘Eleanor’, he used to plunder the shores of the Lost Realms and Khorini Island back in the old days, which is how he made a name for himself among the pirates.
Thanks, World of Risen.
More information.

JDR13 December 9th, 2011 00:57

Khorini Island?

Name sounds familiar. :thinking:

Pessimeister December 9th, 2011 07:25

Whoever is creating the place names for the setting appears to need to try a little harder for originality it seems. :) Unless of course it's all intentionally done with a wink and a nudge.
But we've also been told that everything starts in the harbor city of Caldera….wonder if there will be a character named Creeper there? ;)

JDR13 December 9th, 2011 08:38

With the only difference being that Khorini doesn't end with an "s", I think it's obvious PB is trying to tell us something. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of in-game references are going to be made to other certain locations and /or events. :excited:

DArtagnan December 9th, 2011 09:19

Maybe it's the same place and the "s" just got lost due to human error? ;)

Maylander December 9th, 2011 09:34

It was pretty obvious in Risen that it was actually Gothic all along. Captain Steelbeard is simply Captain Greg from NotR.

Drakenreiter December 9th, 2011 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maylander (Post 1061111546)
It was pretty obvious in Risen that it was actually Gothic all along. Captain Steelbeard is simply Captain Greg from NotR.

This. His name, Gregorius Emanuel Steelbeard, the fact that he's a man of honour with no manners and that he used to plunder the shores of the Lost Realms and Khorini Island back in the old days show exactly that.

SpoonFULL December 9th, 2011 16:52

So are PB trying to converge Risen storyline with Gothic?

Acleacius December 9th, 2011 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoonFULL (Post 1061111633)
So are PB trying to converge Risen storyline with Gothic?

Trying? The whole game was based on the actions of Gothic 3. Gods left and when they did something happened. The magic sealing the titans was disrupted and they were released into the world.

In case you didn't know there was a neutral choice
Spoiler

SpoonFULL December 9th, 2011 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acleacius (Post 1061111636)
Trying? The whole game was based on the actions of Gothic 3. Gods left and when they did something happened. The magic sealing the titans was disrupted and they were released into the world.

In case you didn't know there was a neutral choice

Thank you for the information. Played Risen before any of the Gothics so did not figure out what released the titans. I will avoid the spoiler as I have yet to finish Gothic 3.

Kostas December 10th, 2011 17:30

That's a tad too similar to be laziness. With PB having the option to develop a Gothic after Risen 2 I wonder if they are planning a merge of the two IPs.