RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Grotesque Tactics 2 - Reviews @ eGamer and Gamers Daily News (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15887)

aries100 January 3rd, 2012 23:45

Grotesque Tactics 2 - Reviews @ eGamer and Gamers Daily News

Two more reviws has surfaced for this game. The first one comes from eGamer which finds the game "lacking" - a quote:
Quote:

Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts lacks perceivable depth necessary to warrant a serious purchase. The game may be a serious departure from the norm, but the usage of parody does not cover up the cheesiness of the storyline and the general "un-funniness" of the whole affair.
The second and last one comes from Games Daily News, 8/10 - GDN also gives this game a GDN Silver Award. A quote from the review:
Quote:

In all, I found Grotesque Tactics 2 to be a hilariously excellent game and a wonderful diversion to all the serious RPGs out there. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants a good RPG that has more than a little tongue in cheek.
More information.

HiddenX January 3rd, 2012 23:45

Grotesque Tactics 2 =

turn based combat + crpg-inside-jokes + hilarious story + cooking(!) + over the top humor => fun game

7.5 out of 10 for all crpg-fans who are playing each new crpg anyway.

fadedc January 4th, 2012 00:45

So it sounds like the key difference between the two reviews is that one enjoyed the humor and the other didn't. Personally I'm much more interested in the gameplay, I had no problem with the humor in the original but I didn't enjoy the actual game at all.

HiddenX January 4th, 2012 15:15

The gameplay is the same.

fadedc January 4th, 2012 21:50

Surprised that they wouldn't have made any attempt to refine the gameplay/interface given how much criticism the original got for it. Sequels usually try to make some improvements/changes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiddenX (Post 1061119049)
The gameplay is the same.

BlackKnight January 5th, 2012 21:12

sure there are a lot improvements:

- better handling
- different graphic style
- more skills
- more boss enemies
- talent system for char development
- faction system with reputation
- better quests with some riddles
- more items (cooking)
- a bit non linear gameplay with 3 endings

fadedc January 6th, 2012 00:49

Ah see now that's what I meant when I was talking about being interested in the gameplay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackKnight (Post 1061119358)
sure there are a lot improvements:

- better handling
- different graphic style
- more skills
- more boss enemies
- talent system for char development
- faction system with reputation
- better quests with some riddles
- more items (cooking)
- a bit non linear gameplay with 3 endings