RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Witcher 2 - Enhanced Edition Released (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16872)

Dhruin April 18th, 2012 02:51

The Witcher 2 - Enhanced Edition Released

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is now unlocked for PC players and don't forget all owners get a free backup copy on GOG. The promised iOS comic has been released and the official site has a review roundup.
Thanks to Melvil, who tried to let us know the PC version was available early, but I didn't have the opportunity to post.
More information.

Kostas April 18th, 2012 02:51

In case anyone has problems with viewing the new EE videos, like the transitional one after you leave the prison for Flotsam, changing the aspect ration to 16:9 should help.

Stingray April 18th, 2012 04:43

After installing the EE patch today here, the game crashes to desktop upon trying to load any save, or even start a new game. Beware, I guess.

Couchpotato April 18th, 2012 05:09

That's because the auto downloader has corrupt files. You can manually download the corrupted parts. It's funny they haven't fixed or notified anyone about it.

entigy April 18th, 2012 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061139079)
That's because the auto downloader has corrupt files. You can manually download the corrupted parts. It's funny they haven't fixed or notified anyone about it.

Do you know which parts need to be downloaded manually ?
I used the pre-downloader on Saturday to get 10Gb worth of files, then got the remainder manually last night.
Game crashes every time, whether I start a new game or try to load an old one.
All I've seen of this new EE is the opening cinematic and a splash screen….

Stingray April 18th, 2012 10:43

Same. At least we did get to see that new opening cinematic!!1

Right now, I'm trying a fresh install from the original discs + patching up again, to see if that makes any difference.

Stingray April 18th, 2012 11:52

Uninstalling the entire game, re-installing from disc, then letting it re-download and patch to EE again fixed it for me. Don't know which step exactly made it work.

If you install the original game fresh now, it takes you directly to the EE patch, skipping everything inbetween. So the process is a bit different and that might have effected something. Or maybe it was just that I got a corrupt version of a file when I did my previous download this morning, as someone else said.

vurt April 18th, 2012 14:58

I just installed my digital version and had no problems patching it to EE..

Kostas April 18th, 2012 16:37

Adding part 0 and part 1 and overwriting part 2 did the job for me. I got the files from here.

Thaurin April 18th, 2012 16:50

My hard disk crashed a few weeks ago, so I have to redownload everything from GOG anyway. Easy. :)

dpc76 April 18th, 2012 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostaz (Post 1061139184)
Adding part 0 and part 1 and overwriting part 2 did the job for me. I got the files from here.

+1

If you're having corrupted file issues, go to the following link:

http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual

Re-download the file "Part 2". That fixed the problem for me and seems to have been the issue for a lot of others based on what I've read. It's a small file (took me 3-4 mins to load), so much quicker than re-downloading the entire patch.

MasterKromm April 18th, 2012 17:46

As far as TW2 EE goes, I have been out of the loop… What does this add to (or change in)the game? As someone who played TW2 twice(both paths) shortly after release I'm not sure if it's really worth the time/effort…

kalniel April 18th, 2012 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterKromm (Post 1061139199)
As far as TW2 EE goes, I have been out of the loop… What does this add to (or change in)the game? As someone who played TW2 twice(both paths) shortly after release I'm not sure if it's really worth the time/effort…

"The Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 gives you 4 more hours of quests, new cut-scenes and cinematics and over 100 improvements, when compared with the initial version of the game."

DPB April 18th, 2012 18:07

This is what the readme says about the quests, they're in Chapter 3. No real spoilers there, but I've tagged it anyway in case anyone wants to go back to the game without knowing any details of what was added.

Spoiler

joxer April 18th, 2012 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterKromm (Post 1061139199)
As far as TW2 EE goes… I'm not sure if it's really worth the time/effort…

As far as TW2 goes… Everything is free… And even if it wasn't free… It'd be worth both time and effort.

God… Now I look as a complete lunatic. :)

sakichop April 18th, 2012 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by entigy (Post 1061139119)
Do you know which parts need to be downloaded manually ?
I used the pre-downloader on Saturday to get 10Gb worth of files, then got the remainder manually last night.
Game crashes every time, whether I start a new game or try to load an old one.
All I've seen of this new EE is the opening cinematic and a splash screen….

10 GB, so how big is the total install now?

Sir_Brennus April 18th, 2012 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakichop (Post 1061139229)
10 GB, so how big is the total install now?

19,2 GB on my HD. German & English voices.

MasterKromm April 18th, 2012 22:49

@ DPB, Thanks for the info!

@ Joxer, not loony but maybe a little fanboyish. :p

sakichop April 18th, 2012 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus (Post 1061139231)
19,2 GB on my HD. German & English voices.

So the new content is bigger than the original game? That must be a lot of cut-scenes and cinematics.

JDR13 April 19th, 2012 00:03

Did they finally improved the responsiveness of the controls? That was my biggest complaint about TW2. I can't tell you how many times I died because of the keyboard and mouse button lag I experienced in my first playthrough.