RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diablo 3 - TV Spot (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16998)

Dhruin May 1st, 2012 03:43

Diablo 3 - TV Spot
 
If you haven't seen the Diablo III TV ad that was launched over the weekend, you can check out the CGI video titled 'Evil is Back' via RPS.
More information.

rich ruffo May 1st, 2012 03:43

GRIM DAWN looks much better than D3.

Badesumofu May 1st, 2012 13:25

I don't know how Grim Dawn looks, but D3 is loads of fun to play. I look forward to spending hours smashing loot piņatas, devising strats for the tougher bosses, and creating and then testing builds.

For the other Australians looking to pick this up - I pre-ordered it from JB Hifi at their launch price of $69, which is cheaper than Blizzard.

Thiraury May 1st, 2012 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badesumofu (Post 1061141653)
I don't know how Grim Dawn looks, but D3 is loads of fun to play. I look forward to spending hours smashing loot piņatas, devising strats for the tougher bosses, and creating and then testing builds.

Amen to that! Going to co-op the shit out of D3 on the weekend after its release! :)

rich ruffo May 1st, 2012 19:49

Im telling you guys GRIM DAWN looks better than Diablo 3 but your not going to take my word for it ,so why dont you go over to CRATE ENTERTAINMENT and see for yourself.They have some awsome gameplay videos and great screen shots. Make a pledge for a copy if you think Grim Dawn is half as good as Diablo 3 might be.

fadedc May 1st, 2012 20:09

Grim Dawn does look reasonably pretty in the videos, although nothing about it stood out from other ARPGs. Of course nothing about D3's videos really stands out either, my excitement about it isn't really based on how the videos or tv spots look.

Anyway I may take a look at Grim Dawn when it comes out, but this isn't a news item about Grim Dawn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich ruffo (Post 1061141713)
Im telling you guys GRIM DAWN looks better than Diablo 3 but your not going to take my word for it ,so why dont you go over to CRATE ENTERTAINMENT and see for yourself.They have some awsome gameplay videos and great screen shots. Make a pledge for a copy if you think Grim Dawn is half as good as Diablo 3 might be.


rich ruffo May 1st, 2012 20:56

The game might not come out if people dont support it. Im just trying to spread the word about the game. If that means stepping on Blizzards toes ,so be it. This genre of Hack-N-Slash isnt about innovation.Its about traditional hardcore PC gaming ,looting,smashing and 1001 different ways to killing beasts. Why wait for the game to come out ? Make a pledge now,and make your game that much better.Blizzard has a T.V. spot for advertisement. Crate has its good name and word of mouth.

danutz_plusplus May 1st, 2012 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadedc (Post 1061141718)
Of course nothing about D3's videos really stands out either, my excitement about it isn't really based on how the videos or tv spots look.

I don't know. This tv spot got me excited as hell. Imperius, Tyrael and Diablo show up in it for a split second. :D

fadedc May 1st, 2012 21:44

Well I kind of figured that Tyrael and Diablo had to be in the game. I don't remember who Imperius is. I'm kind of curious what the big plot twist is that is supposed to occur after the skeleton king dies.

But overall, while the story is a bit more interesting this time around, the ARPG genre has never been about story. As rich says, it's about killing things and collecting loot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus (Post 1061141734)
I don't know. This tv spot got me excited as hell. Imperius, Tyrael and Diablo show up in it for a split second. :D



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch