RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dead State - Official Teaser Trailer (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17173)

Dhruin May 21st, 2012 23:57

Dead State - Official Teaser Trailer

Doublebear has released a teaser trailer for Dead State. Don't expect too much - but it feels like we're getting closer to that Kickstarter.

More information.

Drithius May 21st, 2012 23:57

Alright, I'll be the first to say it - that was a horrible trailer!

borcanu May 22nd, 2012 00:11

double kill!

yeah, but thats the feeling I've had about the project from the start. The design is off, seems tasteless

joxer May 22nd, 2012 00:48

Triple kill! :D

But then again… It's just a teaser, so let's not make a final judgment about the game yet.

rune_74 May 22nd, 2012 01:41

Hmm, it was ok to me….I'm looking forward to this one.

zzajin May 22nd, 2012 04:42

Sorry, but as much as look forward to this game it reminded me of Exit Through the Gift Shop and the Life Remote Control bit…

Banksy: "Uhmmm… You know… it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera."

BillSeurer May 22nd, 2012 04:54

That was horrible.

Dez May 22nd, 2012 05:49

Horrible indeed. I expected more from those guys.

xSamhainx May 22nd, 2012 05:57

well, in their defense, you can see what they tried to do there. The end times have hit, modern communications are failing, the shit's hit the fan.

But yeah, could have been a little better done…

tomasp3n May 22nd, 2012 11:20

I kinda liked it. It says hardly nothing about the game though, just that's it's some kind of post-apocalypse with zombies… I'm really looking forward to this, but if I hadn't already read up on the game that teaser wouldn't have swayed me to do so. Still good though, especially the blue-screen…

JDR13 May 22nd, 2012 16:30

I thought the trailer was pretty lame, but I'm still looking forward to Dead State.

rune_74 May 23rd, 2012 00:57

You guys do know they were aiming for a news report apocalyptic look. It wasn't bad for what it was.

Pladio May 23rd, 2012 01:37

There was no reason for the images to be grainy though imo. It just felt like I had to squeeze my eyes to see better and that didn't help :D

mbpopolano24 May 23rd, 2012 12:37

What they were 'aiming for' is completely irrelevant. A teaser trailer should increase interest and motivate people to learn more about the product. This video is doing the opposite, thus reinforcing the idea that the developers have not idea of what they are doing. Still hoping it will turn out OK, though.

Dhruin May 23rd, 2012 15:19

Really? That they don't have many resources and so a had fan/contributor put together a teaser that doesn't quite hit the mark means they don't know what they are doing?

BillSeurer May 23rd, 2012 16:39

It makes it look that way when it is the official teaser trailer!

Amasius May 23rd, 2012 18:34

I don't care about trailers and marketing in general, so I will happily pretend that I've never watched this one. :cool:

ChienAboyeur May 24th, 2012 09:50

Looking forward to reading their funding goals. They have been developping the game for some time by now and must have a clear idea of what they want to do and how much it will cost.

With this period, any zombi thing is a seller so their project is funded without any trailer needed.

Would be interesting to see if a turn by turn game can give the feel of a herd of zombies flooding a sector. Zombies are a mass thing and this kind of feel has to be delivered.

rune_74 May 24th, 2012 16:19

I'm wondering how many of you have watched any zombie movies? That trailer was vey much a zombie movie style.