RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dead State - Kickstarter Launched! (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17299)

Dhruin June 6th, 2012 01:54

Dead State - Kickstarter Launched!

DoubleBear has launched the Kickstarter for Dead State - I know a lot of you have been waiting for this, so head over to pledge. They are looking for $150k over the next 29 days. The start has been a little slow compared to recent high profile projects but hopefully some more exposure will get this this cooking (Brian, if you're reading this - make more noise).
The video shows quite a bit of gameplay and here is a core feature list:
Quote:

-A PC RPG with stats, skills, and perks that make a huge difference on your character’s abilities.
-Dozens of characters with branching, reactive dialogue, and randomized events that unfold over months of in-game time – player decisions and the death of loved ones can change relationships drastically.
-Turn-based combat where line-of-sight and noise affect whether you are spotted or not, making for extremely tense encounters.
-Base-building mechanics featuring multiple upgrades, NPC jobs, and item manufacturing.
-Scavenging mechanics that require players to find supplies, weapons, armor, and other items to keep their allies fed and alive.
-A morale system that factors in player success/failure, allies’ faith in the player, and the overall strength of the shelter.
-Crisis Event dialogues that factor in political maneuvering and making difficult choices that affect your whole shelter.
-Reactive AI that responds realistically to combat situations, player commands, and the state of panic from the presence of zombies.
More information.

Dhruin June 6th, 2012 01:54

Pledged.

rune_74 June 6th, 2012 01:56

Pledged, think I was one of the first.

Carnifex June 6th, 2012 02:56

I went in big….I gots high hopes for this one. Do it right!!

-Carn

Dusk June 6th, 2012 03:40

Pledged. Go Brian and the team!

rich ruffo June 6th, 2012 04:03

Promise i will pleadge decent before the ens ,Grim Dawn killed me.

Lemonhead June 6th, 2012 04:59

I was third!

Merin June 6th, 2012 05:24

Pledged. Hopefully I can give them more in the future, but other KS campaigns have drained me…

rossrjensen June 6th, 2012 06:45

I will be contributing before the end of the Kickstarter.

Capt. Huggy Face June 6th, 2012 07:06

Pledged. Knock 'em dead, Brian and crew.

JonNik June 6th, 2012 07:56

Well, no unicorns was a heavy blow, but I had to pledge anyway :)

Very good video. I appreciated the insight on the current status of product design decision making from the big company marketing departments (Zombie helicopter ftw!) ;)

lumiapina June 6th, 2012 08:07

Pledged!

Paul June 6th, 2012 09:48

Pledged, I really hope this makes it.

holeraw June 6th, 2012 09:58

If I keep funding projects that look interesting I will have to start my own kickstarter with the purpose of gathering funds to use for backing more kickstarter projects.

A few weeks ago I wouldn't have given this a second thought, I'll probably back it yet before it's over but I won't do so in a hurry.

tomasp3n June 6th, 2012 10:39

Pledged. This is starting to drain my purse, but on the other hand, I would be happy if only ONE of my most anticipated kickstarters delivers (Shadowrun, Wasteland, Dead State etc.). I think I've pledged to about 6 or 7 games now. If one of them is as good as I hope, I'll be happy. If half of them pulls through I'll be delirious. And if all of them succeeds I'm pretty sure I would break down in tears…

GhanBuriGhan June 6th, 2012 12:45

They are doing well, already at $22000 now. Looks like they'll easily pass 30% funding on the first day.

azarhal June 6th, 2012 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by holeraw (Post 1061147537)
If I keep funding projects that look interesting I will have to start my own kickstarter with the purpose of gathering funds to use for backing more kickstarter projects.

Now this is an idea!

Already busted my gaming budget for this year…on kickstarters.

ChienAboyeur June 6th, 2012 14:50

Estimated release date: december 2013. Not for so soon.

They aim at a lot of customers with their low price tag.No stretch goals either.

GhanBuriGhan June 6th, 2012 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur (Post 1061147558)
Estimated release date: december 2013. Not for so soon.

They aim at a lot of customers with their low price tag.No stretch goals either.

Stretch goals will be announced when the set goal is in sight:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick(programmer)
We do have some really sweet stretch goals, some things we would love to implement, if we can afford them. Pretty sure our audience will find them exciting as well. Too early to reveal that now, though.

Capt. Huggy Face June 6th, 2012 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan (Post 1061147548)
They are doing well, already at $22000 now. Looks like they'll easily pass 30% funding on the first day.

Seems like a good first day to me. I know I've seen you around the Iron Tower forums, so you've probably seen this, but perhaps others haven't. Dead State is trending well, according to this Kickstarter-predicting site, as someone posted on the Dead State boards:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/707…-survival-rpg/