RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What annoys you? (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17421)

DArtagnan June 21st, 2012 15:57

What annoys you?
 
(besides me)

Since I'm in a bad mood, I felt like coming up with a few "online" things that annoy me.

I'll start with just one:

1. When people think praising an old game = nostalgia

What annoys you?

JemyM June 21st, 2012 16:32

It annoys me when some guy post some stupid comment on a forum and click "submit reply" before they even finished up the

DArtagnan June 21st, 2012 16:34

I know that feeli

curious June 21st, 2012 17:08

when otherwise "constructive" threads turn into a multiplayer deathmatch, which usually doesn't take long. snipers, flamers, brutes, etc. it would shock me and make me quite happy to see more threads that had at least some "team" mentality to them or at least the illusion of one.

hishadow June 21st, 2012 17:10

First!

DArtagnan June 21st, 2012 17:11

That's hard to achieve with anonymity :)

An easy way to go about it, would be to just accept that DArtagnan is probably right - as usual!

GothicGothicness June 21st, 2012 17:43

1. When people create threads about what annoys them because they are in a bad mood.
2. When people don't let you get off the bus because they are in a hurry to get on, fortunately that is unusual here.

Lucky Day June 21st, 2012 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 1061149726)
It annoys me when some guy post some stupid comment on a forum and click "submit reply" before they even finished up the

I don't always finish my posts, but when I do

pibbur who June 21st, 2012 18:39

pibbur who

blatantninja June 21st, 2012 19:22

Two things that really annoy me:

1) When people post statistics without links or some other justification. Usually they either made them up or are just parroting some talking head (who usually either got it wrong or the viewer misunderstood).

2) People who are disrespectful of other people's religious beliefs. I enjoy discussing differences in beliefs, but I really hate it when someone puts out their belief (or lack their of) as the absolute truth. I almost always put "I believe" before making any statement about my faith. I may tell someone I disagree, but I never tell them they are wrong (unless they are quoting something incorrectly or something like that).

Great example was a discussion I had on another board a few years ago about baptism. Someone was asking about getting their newborn baptized. It went well for a while until two 'Holier than thou Christians' stepped in. The first was a Southern Baptist who started railing on about how infant baptism was wrong and that none of us were really baptized because we were done so as infants. That brought out the Pentecostal (I believe that's what he was) who went on that none of us were baptized because we were not fully immersed in water. Never did they just state their beliefs, just went on about how the rest of our beliefs were WRONG.

Along those lines, I really despise the atheists that feel the need to belittle other's beliefs by using insulting terms like 'Invisible Sky Father' or 'Fairy Tales' in a religious discussion. It's really disgusting and I pity them.

JemyM June 21st, 2012 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by blatantninja (Post 1061149744)
I enjoy discussing differences in beliefs, but I really hate it when someone puts out their belief (or lack their of) as the absolute truth.

You are wrong.

blatantninja June 21st, 2012 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 1061149746)
You are wrong.

See, and we were all just getting along so nicely before. Now its war!

:biggrin:

JemyM June 21st, 2012 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by blatantninja (Post 1061149749)
See, and we were all just getting along so nicely before. Now its war!

:biggrin:

I believe thats just your opinion, sir!

JDR13 June 21st, 2012 20:36

I hate when people act like n_ggers online, because n_ggers really annoy me.

DArtagnan June 21st, 2012 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061149757)
I hate when people act like n_ggers online, because n_ggers really annoy me.

Haha, that was pretty amusing - I have to say :)

dteowner June 21st, 2012 21:33

What was that Austin Powers line that Myrthos used to have in his signature? "I hate intolerance. And the Dutch."

As a more serious answer, I have little patience for hypocrisy.

Lucky Day June 21st, 2012 21:48

troll topics that pop up as the most current thread on the RPGWatch - usually from the Religion and Politics forum

Hurls June 21st, 2012 21:49

On the net I am annoyed by websites that check my browser and post in huge leters that I should change it as they can't be bothered to support different software

Thrasher June 21st, 2012 22:32

Not a thing. ;)

pibbur who June 21st, 2012 22:40

Actually very little annoys me. Now. Or rather, the things that annoy me don't mean as much to me as they used to. They're not that important anymore. There are for instance things the wife does that I find irritating and I sometimes they made me angry at her. But all in all they're mostly insignificant and I'm a bit amused by my reactions now. Similarly with my daughters and father-in-law.

It may have somtehing to do with my age. I noticed that both my father and my grandfather who were rather strict in their views in their younger days became significantly more flexible and mellow approaching level 60. And level 60 is only 2 1/2 years away for me.

Another thing is that after years in therapy I've become quite good at paying attention to my reactions and analyzing them, to determine whether they're important or not, and what to do about them.

Oh, there is one thing: people smoking in my proximity. I hate that! But I probably shouldn't.

pibbur who maybe should be annoyed by people who is annoyed


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:33.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch