RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dragon Age Legends - Now available as a free standalone game (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17441)

Dhruin June 23rd, 2012 02:25

Dragon Age Legends - Now available as a free standalone game

As promised, BioWare's social media app Dragon Age Legends is available as a standalone executable because the online servers are being shut down. I'd suggest this is a win for most gamers, who now play without the social media trappings:
Quote:

Enjoy this epic, free RPG adventure game from BioWare. Battle demons and darkspawn with your friends, earn loot and build the ultimate castle.
1. This game requires Adobe Air to run. Please download and install Air from http://get.adobe.com/air/ if you do not already have it installed.
2. Download the game to your computer.
3. Double-click the file to install Dragon Age Legends. It will install into your program folder under BioWare.
Online Characters
If you have played the online version of Dragon Age Legends on either Facebook or Google+, you will soon be able to download your character as a Saved Game and continue playing in the single-player game. We are gathering all the data now and it will be available within a few days. Check back soon for instructions on how to download your character from the online game!
More information.

figliar June 23rd, 2012 02:25

Knowing Bioware, I say itís totally unplayable piece of art. From modern Bioware you can expect as much as stab in the back for free.

azarhal June 23rd, 2012 02:28

That game was made by EA2D, BioWare studios didn't have anything to do with it beside the brandname being used.

figliar June 23rd, 2012 02:37

I’m sorry, but "BioWare's social media app Dragon Age Legends". It's Bioware's property no matter who developed it , right?

azarhal June 23rd, 2012 03:43

There is the BioWare brand and the BioWare studios. The brand include any RPGish games made by EA now, regardless of the developers who worked on it.

Not that it mean that it might be good (I played Legends its kind of fun actually), but the game wasn't made by a BioWare Studio, so there's no point of bashing the game for that.

figliar June 23rd, 2012 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061150042)
but the game wasn't made by a BioWare Studio, so there's no point of bashing the game for that.

I there point of bashing any game for that?

Gaxkang June 23rd, 2012 08:27

That's a nice move by EA/BW regardless of any contempt for casual "pay to win" games (aka F2P).

I'm just wondering if the download is for the version without buying anything, or whether they incorporated some drop mechanism. Without a drop mechanism (and obviously no more option to pay to win) this a waste of bandwidth.

Carnifex June 23rd, 2012 20:12

I never tried this, is it worth playing? When I see the words "social media" involved, I tend to run away tbh.

-Carn

Alrik Fassbauer June 23rd, 2012 21:35

166 MB ? That's a bit big … Never expected this huge size … I'm going to better download it on my Gaming PC …

SleepingDog June 24th, 2012 11:27

Does the download work?

I downloaded the two files and installed them. That worked ok. Then I launched the game. I get a screen telling me a little about the background and then there is a menu which includes "New Game". You go into this and it takes you to a save screen. You select one and then the game crashes.

I have a Windows 7 (32-bit) system. Any one got it working?

Igor June 24th, 2012 12:04

Before to bother out myself,I am curious to hear the part about if is worth to give it a try.

Dhruin June 24th, 2012 13:08

Worked fine for me, not that I had time to play it.

SleepingDog June 24th, 2012 13:31

Thanks Dhruin.

I went back and found that I had forgotten that my Bitdefender doesn't like new applications. Works fine. Did a bit of the tutorial. Doesn't seem too bad for a quick play, assumes that you know the DA2 world.