RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Torchlight II - Interview @ GamerLiving (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17754)

aries100 August 8th, 2012 22:58

Torchlight II - Interview @ GamerLiving

GamerLiving talked to Runic's CEO Max Schaefer. They talked about his time with Blizzard, what he thinks about Diablo 3, and Torchlight 2, of course. As usual, an excerpt:
Quote:

WA: Now I do have to ask, because Diablo and Diablo II are your babies. Now that Diablo III is outÖ have you guysÖ
MS: Itís weird. Itís weird seeing someone else make the game. You know what my history is. But I think they did a really great job. Iím happy to see that [Diablo III] didnít suck, that was my fear. My fear wasnít that itíd be very good; my fear was that it was going to suck, you know. The same way that theyíre benefiting us now, so if they sucked, itíd hurt us. My biggest relief is that it didnít suck. And itís super slick; Weíve all been playing it, obviously. Itís made a lot of different decisions than weíve made, which is also good because we wanted to keep that big distinction between us. But yeah, itís kind of surreal. In a way, Iím kind of glad that I didnít have to do it, because how do you meet the expectations of the Diablo crowd after 10 years, you know? Wow, talk about pressure.
More information.

Drithius August 8th, 2012 22:58

The summer's end bearing down on us, I've just about lost interest in TL2. Delay after delay, and still no release date.

borcanu August 9th, 2012 08:05

it did suck, and that's why TL2 will suck as well. Cuz u guys have the same pink vision

Twotricks August 9th, 2012 08:21

Its like runic guys want no money. They simply miss any logical opportunity to release the game.

Now GW2 will be launched as well. So when will arpg gamers find time to play T2 ?

rossrjensen August 9th, 2012 17:21

I'm still looking forward to it. I'm over D3 and it's only going to cost $20 at release. What's GW2?

screeg August 9th, 2012 17:58

Quote:

In a way, I’m kind of glad that I didn’t have to do it, because how do you meet the expectations of the Diablo crowd after 10 years, you know?
Well, if you're one of the world's premiere video game developers, you meet those expectations with idiotic DRM restrictions, inadequate servers and for-profit gold farming.

Santos August 9th, 2012 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossrjensen (Post 1061156400)
I'm still looking forward to it. I'm over D3 and it's only going to cost $20 at release. What's GW2?

Guild Wars 2, an MMO.

mazling August 11th, 2012 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drithius (Post 1061156274)
The summer's end bearing down on us, I've just about lost interest in TL2. Delay after delay, and still no release date.

I think you are suffering from self-hype-overload. Go do other things for a bit. Avoid news if you have to. Then be (perhaps pleasantly) surprised when the game is released :)