RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Inquisitor - Trailer @ Youtube (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17946)

aries100 September 2nd, 2012 02:05

Inquisitor - Trailer @ Youtube

The team behind this game has created a teaser trailer for the game. The reason is this: The game will be released on GOG at September 5th 2012. In the trailer, the team talks about its premise, the gameplay visuals as well as the game itself.

More information.

Sir Markus September 2nd, 2012 02:05

This title hasn't gotten very much attention in general, but I think this could be a pretty good game. Looking forward to its release.

EvilManagedCare September 2nd, 2012 04:08

I too look forward to this title, but my expectations are low. I was pleasantly surprised this is apparently a party based game?

Sir Markus September 2nd, 2012 05:48

According to the 'more information' link above this game was released in 2009 in Russia, and they've decided to make it available in multiple languages. My thinking is if the game is poor, they wouldn't bother with doing language conversions. I guess my point is, this game could be a 'sleeper hit' or it could be a complete disaster; I guess we'll find out.

JDR13 September 2nd, 2012 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilManagedCare (Post 1061159639)
I was pleasantly surprised this is apparently a party based game?

Yes, but you don't have direct control over the other party members. The way I understand it, you issue basic commands to them as a group rather than controlling them individually.

EvilManagedCare September 3rd, 2012 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061159649)
Yes, but you don't have direct control over the other party members. The way I understand it, you issue basic commands to them as a group rather than controlling them individually.

Hmmm. Well I guess that's good enough for now. IIRC there haven't been any SP party-based games in quite a while. So many titles coming out now that I look forward to: BGEE, WoW expansion, Paths of Exile and now add Inquisitor to the list.

JDR13 September 4th, 2012 08:39

1 Attachment(s)
I pre-ordered a short while ago, and I've been browsing through the manual while listening to some of the music tracks.

The music is excellent. In fact, I would say it's easily on par with titles like Divine Divinity or Arcanum.

I'm really looking forward to playing this game. Now if I can just decide on what character I want to play…

Wulf September 5th, 2012 00:21

What character to play?

There is more in-game text for the mage, with slightly less for paladin, with the least for thief. Linking these ratios to the magic usage is similar, again with least for thief, borcano beta tester suggests the thief will be hard to play even at normal difficulty. The three characters each have their own storyline, maybe like three separate games yet perhaps not quite so? - how the three character paths relate (if at all) will be interesting and probably more connected to methods per the codex inquisitorium, revelation of ezekial, etc'

…must try the thief on max diff' :cool:
……………………….
Yes the soundtrack is perfect for the game theme backdrop with mood change per the scenario. Music is by Martin Linda—->

http://www.martinlinda.cz/studio.html

joxer September 5th, 2012 00:26

While you're contemplating which class to take I'm getting slightly nervous - it's still not available for download on my GOG acc. :(

JDR13 September 5th, 2012 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061159905)
While you're contemplating which class to take I'm getting slightly nervous - it's still not available for download on my GOG acc. :(

Is it already Sept 5th where you're at?

I wouldn't worry about it. GOG doesn't do the 12:00am release thing. It might not be available until the afternoon.

mickhah September 5th, 2012 10:47

anyone able to download the game from gog?

Wulf September 5th, 2012 10:51

from Gog's own Inquisitor description page…

The pre-order period will last until Wednesday, September 5 at 10:59 AM GMT

joxer September 5th, 2012 13:01

Inquisitor is currently downloading… Can't wait to start playing it. :)

vurt September 5th, 2012 15:04

Wow, this game has a lot of text hehe, i can understand it took a while to translate it.

Carnifex September 5th, 2012 16:21

Prebought this a few weeks ago, and tryin to download but all I get is some ieframe thingie. Weird.

-Carn